F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Very rarely are trucks really given 0-60 times. With the big V8 and 4.10s I'm thinking around 7 seconds.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
:iagree: From what i have read and heard low ETA`s were not what the designers had in mind for this truck, this truck is not going to be a hot rod for the street but for off road yes.

·
Registered
802 Posts
:iagree: From what i have read and heard low ETA`s were not what the designers had in mind for this truck, this truck is not going to be a hot rod for the street but for off road yes.
In reality Escalades/Denalis come with 400 horsepower these days. 400 is a good amount but not crazy. I'm thinking with a chip/intake/exhaust we could probably see 430-440 maybe which would prob be a good amount.

·
Registered
105 Posts
saleen s331 6.5 sec (not sure some sites said 6.7 , 6.5 and 6.3 )
2008 f150 5.4 v8 8.7 sec (depending on gearing . rear end )
2009 f150 5.4 v8 8.1 sec
My point is if with saleen supercharger the shaved more than 1 and half sec I wish the raptor do the same and make it like 7.2 sec and that is with no supercharger so if you fit one that should be like 6.0 or 5.9 that would be a dream come true . I really doubt it because the SVT guys said that there goal was to make it an off-road machine and to concentrate on the shocks not on HP or 0-60 time . Ford trucks is perfect in every way except for there 0-60 time and HP compared to the RAM and TUNDRA . that is understandable for all the trucks they been doing because they aren't spot trucks but the Raptor has the looks I just wish they make the engine that matches .

·
Registered
105 Posts
They are, it's called the "6.2 liter".
Yeah , I know but the thing is a big engine does not mean 0-60 is going to be faster . the syclone had a 4.3 v6 and did 0-60 in 4.6 sec faster than most v8s I know it wasn't meant to tow or for heavy loading if they did the Raptor the same way just a sport truck it will be much faster . All am saying that I wish that the big engine make a big different to the 0-60 time not like a couple part of a second .

One more thing Ford is more than capable on making the Raptor go faster look at the Ford GT it go the same engines as the 2005 F150 it producing 550 horsepower 500 foot-pounds torque 0-60 3.7 sec .

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree with the comment about "bigger is not always better" comment. I owned 2 different 8.0 liter engines and by that standard those would have been the most powerful things I've ever had. Also if bigger really was better we would all have 20 liter trucks. Technology (electronics, better design, superchargers, turbochargers) has ways to get more power from smaller engines.

Really it comes down to money as the limiting factor. You can spend enough to get more power from just about any engine than another if you are willing to spend enough. By the time you're done you basically have a different engine anyways. How far are you willing to dig into the engine and how much are you willing to replace?

For me, I chose the 5.4 because I plan on S/C down the road. With the power levels I have in mind I would have to S/C the 6.2 anyway so why wait another 6 mos to a year and pay another 3 grand, plus the risk of a first model year engine when I can do it cheaper, better and sooner?

The only 0-60 time I care about is off road, so anyone with a sports car can try to beat me but won't get over the first big bump:gy:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Now I'm thinking about getting the 5.4 . Because I don't want to wait and then there might be a default in the first year 6.2 , and I can get the 5.4 now .

And maybe there will be a Saleen or shelby edition coming in the future .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts