F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just bought a Ford Raptor 2010 5.4 flex fuel, but there are already 4 people who tell me that it was a mistake to buy that truck because that engine is very bad. I am very happy with my truck, but was it really a mistake? the truck has 176k miles

·
Registered
115 Posts
That engine definitely does not have a great track record compared with the 6.2 engine. And with that many miles on it, keep a reserve bank account at the ready in case it was not treated or maintained well by previous owners.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful (and sometimes not so wonderful) world of Raptors. I would say that I doged a bullet with this particular situation myself. I got a beautiful Tuxedo Black 2010 Raptor SVT with the upgraded 6.2 Lt. engine, it had 132-136ish thousand miles when I got it, I'm the third owner, and that was over a year ago. So far so good. I couldn't be happier with it. I now have 141,798 on it, but I am an OTR truck driver and only get to drive my dream machine 1 week out of the month.
I would also recommend that you stay in the line of gasoline use, and away from the E-85 as long as possible. I did not know they came out with a Flex-Fuel engine in the Raptors, but I'm glad my Boss V8 runs on gasoline because we don't have the Flex-Fuel around my area anyway. So I would have to use gasoline regardless. And I would be leary of putting that type of fuel into my truck even if it was a Flex-Fuel because my past history with hearing people saying they had issues with their vehicles afterwards.
But mine luckily is strictly gasoline only, it even says so in my manual to never use Flex Fuel.
Anyway, welcome to all things Raptors, and I hope you never have breakdowns, but if you do then these guys can put you in the right direction and back on track again.
Have a great day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts