F-150 Raptor Forums banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
of the many reasons I like and want this truck, the instrument cluster is not one of them. ford can do no wrong with the raptor except discontinuing it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It can't be more than a $40 or $50 mod to get white faceplate put on the 2011 could it? I'd have to see a taken apart one to know how easy it would be. Lots of people complaining though... aftermarket will address it shortly (if not a smart entrepreneur on this forum.)

·
Banned
352 Posts
I like the look of the black more, good thing i'm getting an 11.

It could be because all of the bimmers I have had shared the same sporty style. Thanks ford for changing it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can someone tell me which is which? I've just ordered my 2011 Raptor so are the black faced gauges what I'll be getting?
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the 2010 cluster better. The white just adds more class to the truck. Black is... everywhere.

The only thing I don't like about my 2010 gauge cluster is the blue pixel display. Couldn't Ford have sprung for an LED display? They pulled out all the stops everywhere else...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just a heads up for the 2011 guys.

I've contacted US Speedo in an attempt to create a white-face setup for the 2011 trucks. Hopefully it's going to look like the 2010 in terms of font/numerals and color.

To express your interest in them making the overlay, contact them through their website and request the following:

"Please make a gauge overlay for the 2011 Ford SVT Raptor that is white in color and looks more like the 2010 Raptor gauges"

http://www.usspeedo.com/contact.php

They will likely print them in colors as well, like white/silver/blue/red/yellow.

What I requested was make the '11 overlay look like a '10 and because the top brow line of gauges doesn't have bezels any more, I asked that they only print the individual gauge sweep-area in white. So they'll look more like individual gauges instead of 1-big colored panel up there at the top.

It seems very likely they're going to make overlays and have already had a few requests.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like them both.
Your Swedish neutrality will not be tolerated. Pick a side :box:

Does the '10 use backlighting of the cluster with the key on? Headlight switch in the "off" position; key on.

The '11 seems to be like the GT500's where they use white backlighting with the key on.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Someone please find some after market gauge panels.

I traded in my 10' for a 11' supercrew and had no idea they changed the gauges, I will obviously look past it for the 4 doors and 6.2L, but man thats disapointing, the white gauges were forsure one of my favorite features of my interior (outside of the seat and huge touch screen)......someone please find some easy aftermarket over lays!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, to tell you the truth................
Since I do not own a 2010 (White guages)
and
Do own a 2011 (Black guages).............
and in all honesty, who cares what color the guages are when ur sitting up in
that big honking sucker!!!!
Black obviously RULES
at least for me
tks.Rodger

·
Registered
95 Posts
after further though and looking at the pics of the dash/steering wheel, there is no way you can put the screen on a 2010. i was wanting to do this myself but noticed the extra buttons on the steering wheel so that means all that would have to be changed along with wiring harness and computer. would def cost more than just trading for a 11. i think i will just stick with my 5.4 and my white gauges.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My only question is - does the Productivity Screen allow actual pressure read-outs from the TPMS screen?

I WANT that feature.

But apart from that, the shifter with the "M" position is the whole reason I'm waiting :)

41 - 60 of 90 Posts