F-150 Raptor Forums banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
SVT's signature was the white guages. Cobras, Focus, Lightening all had white faced. Weird that they went to black but I think they did due to the productivity screen. I think it's easier for the eyes to adjust to the screen after looking at black faced gauges. They did the same thing in the 08 to 10 super duty trucks. Went from white to black after they added the prod. screen in the 2011's.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's disappointing... Tire Pressure Display is pretty much the ONE screen I'd love to have when out in the desert...

It would be so easy to do too... the sensors actually transmit that data... the computer just has to display it. :(

Most vehicles you can access that data with a ScanGauge tool... but it would be awesome to have a nice clear display on the dash.

·
Registered
253 Posts
So... from what I can read online, there is a TPMS page under the "Information" menu - not the "Truck Apps / Off Road" menu - can anyone who already has a 2011 have a look there and tell me if you see actual pressure read-outs?

A picture would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
So... from what I can read online, there is a TPMS page under the "Information" menu - not the "Truck Apps / Off Road" menu - can anyone who already has a 2011 have a look there and tell me if you see actual pressure read-outs?

A picture would be awesome.

Thanks
Nothing there dude...

But there is a blank screen in one of the menus, could be an upgrade later?

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for checking... oh well... :(

I still want the 2011 for the "manual" shift mode. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
the black really is nice looking. the white is classic svt and easier to read in the sun, but i didn't like the indiglo lighting at night. i like when just the numbers and markings glow. looks good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you program the display to show MPH? There are several empty menus that are blank. Like the screen next to trans temp. Go to the right and there s an empty display. Maybe I need to read the manual closer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
another great option would be to allow the customer to change the collor of the cluster's lighting, llike blue(2010) or like a red color for the black 2011

·
Registered
149 Posts
I like the white ones better:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does anyone have any interest in getting together and trying to get US Speedo to make us 2011 guys a white face setup that looks like the 2010's?

The black just isn't cutting it for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
White has always been the SVT mainstay and I was disappointed they went with black, until I took ownership of my '11. I love the black. It just works.
What I wished they had used was just a bit of common sense and given us a heads up display!
This is an off road performance truck and it NEEDS a HUD.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a white-faced instrument cluster in my '03 Dodge. I didn't consider it to be anything special nor was it...All the '03 Rams had white-faced gauges. I never drove a 2010 at night but, I've heard they have blue lighting or something close to it as many have said hear. I'm not a big fan of blue lighting because most human eyes (and certainly mine) have trouble getting sharp focus on anything with blue light. It's OK for tracking blood and detecting other fluids on some surfaces but, that's about it IMHO.

The point lurking here is I like my 2011's cluster just fine. I really like the information center/trip computer because it gives me more information about the truck's condition than I've ever had in any vehicle. The white lighting through black gauges works perfectly for me day and night even though I keep it turned down to it's lowest setting when driving at night.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think they went to black because they added the info screen. Probably easier on the eyes. They did the same with the Super Duty. They had white faced, got the info screen and went black.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well, I like the productivity screen, and the white gauges. I guess you cant have your cake and eat it too.

They need a blue tooth Iphone App for the productivity screen that would solve the issues us newbies had when we got the first edition Raptors,,

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the black.
Someone mentioned this already but no answer, what's the difference in the steering wheel controls? Looks like the '11 has a navigation button at top left.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts