F-150 Raptor Forums banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
And was it figured out what that vent is behind the right side of the steering wheel on the dash?

·
Registered
142 Posts
the main problem with the new ones, for me anyway, is that at night they glow sort of white instead of the cool "night club" blue of the rest of the truck...it looks like an aftermarket mod gone wrong...and besides that, these guys are right about white faced gauges being the "SVT" designated color, because now it just looks like a regular F-150 Ford went backwards on this one IMO.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes, the '11 gets the Nav button at the top left of the wheel controls for the productivity screen. That's how you get through the menus :smiley_thumbs_up:

It's pretty intuitive.

Ridiculous that they give us just trans temp though. The PCM reads water and oil temps as well...I'd love to see both of those on the screen data in the future.

I like the black.
Someone mentioned this already but no answer, what's the difference in the steering wheel controls? Looks like the '11 has a navigation button at top left.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I like the black.
Someone mentioned this already but no answer, what's the difference in the steering wheel controls? Looks like the '11 has a navigation button at top left.
Did someone Photoshop the 2010 dot-matrix display into the 2011 cluster? Shouldn't it look like this:

The controls on the left side of the steering wheel make much more sense with the correct picture!

Also, the white-faced gauges might be a SVT signature circa the late 1990's to early 2000's, but doesn't the current GT500 have gauges that have a similar color scheme to the 2011 Raptor?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Did someone Photoshop the 2010 dot-matrix display into the 2011 cluster? Shouldn't it look like this:

The controls on the left side of the steering wheel make much more sense with the correct picture!

Also, the white-faced gauges might be a SVT signature circa the late 1990's to early 2000's, but doesn't the current GT500 have gauges that have a similar color scheme to the 2011 Raptor?
Yes for some reason that gauge cluster wasn't right.

Yes the new '12 GT500 has a similar font/coloring to the Raptor.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqN,!lsE2FLOWwqjBNiQVrsO)Q~~_4.JPG

·
Registered
82 Posts
SVT is white, I think the 2011 is way to cluttered for me, who the heck has time to read all that while they are driving, less is more in this sort of truck as nothing they provided in 2011 makes a difference, as well the black is harder to read. My .02

·
Registered
119 Posts
i think it looks pretty good, though the white faces were classic svt for me, and i liked that. just picked mine up today and the productivity screen is awesome. usually white faces are easier to see in sun, but it seems the gauges are set deep enough that hopefully that won't matter. overall i'm pretty happy with the cluster. but to each their own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the white gauges but think the blk faced gauges look more upscale. Two questions for those in the know. Can a 2011 gauge cluster be swapped in a 2010 without modifying the wiring? Secondly, does the 2011 have my ford touch?
Did you ever find out an answer to this question

81 - 90 of 90 Posts