F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have until next spring to figure it out. Tough call for sure. I heard they might be making a crew cab Raptor. That would be good for me. I like the extra space. In the meantime, I'm content with my 96 Bronco 351 with 4 inch lift, 33's. I'll never get rid of the Bronco.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Broncos are awesome for sure. I've got a '96 351w that is stock right now. It's about to undergo some changes this winter.

The new SuperDuty looks good but the new Scorpion diesel is supposed to be huge with torque. Most say definitely above 700 and some say 800.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Apples and oranges...

If you are trying to tow a 10,000lb trailer you won't be happy with a Raptor, if you're trying to do some desert running you won't be happy with a diesel F-250. Figure out what you want the vehicle for first.

I did have a pretty nice 77 Bronco, stock except for a Wild Horses 3 1/2" lift. Absolutely the best thing you can do to the old Bronco is put a good lift on them. Awesome rig and I will own another one someday!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah love the Bronco. They look cool lifted. I'm not going to kick ass in the desert or tow anything more than my dual sea doo trailer. That's why I'm stuck. Love the power of the diesel and the tough front end. Like the crew cab. Problem is, I'll have to pay more to lift it and get new tires and maybe wheels. Cool interior too but I think I like the loaded Raptor interior better. Raptor will be cheaper and the 6.2 is more than enough. If they do a Rapter crew cab I'll definitely lean toward the Raptor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
dont forget if you plan on adding any mods its gonna cost you a ton more for the diesel..i know a ton bout diesels..i drive a 02 F250 now with 8in lift on 37s..that new scorpion motor coming out is gonna be nasty!!..but to start modding them cost a ton!..gotta get a DPF delete kit for the exhaust, and programmers are big money..intakes cost more and lift kits deff cost more haha

if your just towing a few seadoos around..id go with the raptor thats for sure..i was thinkin bout getting a new diesel to, but i sold my race trailer and dont have anything to tow anymore...so raptor it is!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I went from a 2005 F250 6.0L.
The only thing I am going to miss is the trailer towing capability!
The Raptor is great.... I'm sure the 6.2 will have enough power, and cheaper than modding the 6.7.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The new SuperDuty looks good but the new Scorpion diesel is supposed to be huge with torque. Most say definitely above 700 and some say 800.
I build the Super Duty's and I've been told by an engineer that the new 6.7L is rated at 400hp and 750trq. I've read 390hp and 730trq so who knows.

I went from a 2005 F250 6.0L.
The only thing I am going to miss is the trailer towing capability!
The Raptor is great.... I'm sure the 6.2 will have enough power, and cheaper than modding the 6.7.
No matter what you do to that 6.2L, your not getting 1200 ft. lbs. or torque out of it. ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I build the Super Duty's and I've been told by an engineer that the new 6.7L is rated at 400hp and 750trq. I've read 390hp and 730trq so who knows.

No matter what you do to that 6.2L, your not getting 1200 ft. lbs. or torque out of it. ;)
Thanks for all the good work Corey. Y'all are doing a great job. I loved my 2002 Superduty. I never ever had to take it in to Ford for a problem ever. 6 years and not a single problem. Well done sir. :smileup:

I've always had good luck with my Ford trucks, not because it's luck, but because they're Built Ford Tough!

·
Registered
802 Posts

:eek: thats my biggest problem. On one hand this Raptor is this awesome truck but on the other hand the new Superduty has a LOT of the same features on the interior and things like hill decent control and the electric locker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts