F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Ford has fixed our key fob complaints... The new 2011's have the fob attached to the key so you can now get keys made up with the new key and just add it to your key collection...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks like Ford has fixed our key fob complaints... The new 2011's have the fob attached to the key so you can now get keys made up with the new key and just add it to your key collection...
So, can it be retrofitted to a 2010 model??

Red

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, can it be retrofitted to a 2010 model??

Red
All you need to do is order a 2011 SD key, have your key cut into it and reprogram your system to accept the extra key its a matter of having both original keys and with a few steps from your owners manual adding the new ones.. Your old ones will still work as will the new ones.. I am in the process of getting this done but, I cant get my new key until after this weekend...

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I life in Netherlands and there is no USA Ford dealer overhere, is there a online store I can buy it from....?!
Hmm... Is there a place that you can have a key cut??? cause all we would need to do is get a key here and ship it over to you... What I can do is set it up on ebay, you can purchase it and I can ship it for you... That way you have a transaction in place that covers you in case I am a fraud and just want to take your money... Which I am not but, you cant be to trusting these days... So I understand about being skeptical over the internet...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
do they know if there will be any loss in distance of use with a smaller unit?

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the Ford does not have key less entry and start? Darn...Once you get used to it, it's really nice.
Are you talking about the mytouch? with the the push button start? They have keyless entry.. or you want to press the keyless entry and have it start y our car too...

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Ford system yet. I just want to keep the key in my pocket while opening the truck or starting it. Ford said remote start would be an option, but I think that's more for cold weather.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
About freaking time Ford updated this part of things. And also, WANT.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts