F-150 Raptor Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hey guys, just wondering if the truck comes with a normal key as well. When my SCREW comes in I'm going to put a Viper alarm on (no remote start on Canadian models, so the viper system will give me remote start and added security) and it would be stupid to carry a key/fob combo and the viper fob. has anyone got just a key as well as the all in one??

Cheers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey guys, just wondering if the truck comes with a normal key as well. When my SCREW comes in I'm going to put a Viper alarm on (no remote start on Canadian models, so the viper system will give me remote start and added security) and it would be stupid to carry a key/fob combo and the viper fob. has anyone got just a key as well as the all in one??

Cheers.
Are you f#%@$ kidding me. No remote start for Canada trucks. Put remote starts in trucks that go to a country that half the people live below the snow line. And make the trucks that go to a country were 100% of the people freeze their ass of all winter with no remote start. Who had this bright idea. Every day I get more pissed at Ford and if they don't deliver my truck soon or at least give me an accurate ETA i might do something stupid and go buy a Chev :po:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you f#%@$ kidding me. No remote start for Canada trucks. Put remote starts in trucks that go to a country that half the people live below the snow line. And make the trucks that go to a country were 100% of the people freeze their ass of all winter with no remote start. Who had this bright idea. Every day I get more pissed at Ford and if they don't deliver my truck soon or at least give me an accurate ETA i might do something stupid and go buy a Chev :po:
Why would you want the ford remote start system? Put a quality after market system in with smart phone integration so you can start your truck any where you have 3G service.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not really relevant to the question but I have the Viper 5901 installed in my 2010. Great system the only issue is the sensitivity. It was fine in the summer but now with winter it's a little more rumbly when starting so it sets off the alarm. PITA so next time I'm in civilization I'll have to get it adjusted. For now I just unlock and start so no big. Would be nice to get those heated seats working through the remote though! I just wasn't interested in paying for their time when they weren't even sure if they could get it done or not.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why would you want the ford remote start system? Put a quality after market system in with smart phone integration so you can start your truck any where you have 3G service.
Acctually what pissed me of about is that we (Canadians) pay $10,000.00 more for the same truck and we get less features. It's not the fact that there is no remote start it's the principal that if I have to pay that much more for my truck I should at least get the same truck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Acctually what pissed me of about is that we (Canadians) pay $10,000.00 more for the same truck and we get less features. It's not the fact that there is no remote start it's the principal that if I have to pay that much more for my truck I should at least get the same truck.
Is the lack of remote start confirmed? Has anyone in Canada taken delivery of a 2011 Raptor yet? The "build your truck" page on Ford.ca isn't necessarily accurate...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I had one in my hand just yesterday and took a picture of the part number/bag but not of the key itself. I plan on doing the whole remote start and 2011 key in a week.
Keep us posted on this. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Banned
534 Posts
I had one in my hand just yesterday and took a picture of the part number/bag but not of the key itself. I plan on doing the whole remote start and 2011 key in a week.
Keep us posted on this. :smiley_thumbs_up:
Hell yeah I will. If anyone is looking for the part number for the 2011 key with the starter button, see attached picture.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry, you definately have a point there!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 2011s get two integrated keys. But I'd go ask this in one of the just-got-my-2011 threads.

·
Banned
534 Posts
The 2011's come with two keys. Each key has buttons ON the key.

Note: For us 2010 guys that do this mod, this will replace our key-fob's -- they'll no longer work. I do not yet know if you can get two, 2011 key's to make your truck lock, unlock and panic alarm at the same time. More to follow on that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 2011's come with two keys. Each key has buttons ON the key.

Note: For us 2010 guys that do this mod, this will replace our key-fob's -- they'll no longer work. I do not yet know if you can get two, 2011 key's to make your truck lock, unlock and panic alarm at the same time. More to follow on that.
Any update on this? My dealer owes me (or so they say) for some inconveniences related to my purchase. Thinking this would be a nice upgrade. Probably couldn't justify unless i can get two of them.

Toby

·
Registered
599 Posts
It was my understanding that the new key would work in addition to our original fobs. The question Im waiting for you guys to answer is; Will the four button 2011 key be compatable with me Bi-directional Ford remote start?

·
Registered
50 Posts
With the 2010 Raptors you can have up unlimited keys programed to the truck and up to 4 remotes. If you have the 2 original keys you can program all the additional keys yourself without a scan tool. The remotes are even easier. Let me know if you need the instructions on the programing.

·
Banned
534 Posts
Any update on this? My dealer owes me (or so they say) for some inconveniences related to my purchase. Thinking this would be a nice upgrade. Probably couldn't justify unless i can get two of them.

Toby
There is no update yet, sorry. I've been slammed at work and am moving soon -- so there is no time to do anything fun as of late. Trust me, it's still high on my "play" priority list.
Will the four button 2011 key be compatable with me Bi-directional Ford remote start?
As I understand it, there is NO remote start AVAILABLE for the 6.2 Raptor yet. For some reason, the 2011 model year of the Raptor has remote start as part of the Luxury Package and cannot be retro-fitted into the 2010.
With the 2010 Raptors you can have up unlimited keys programed to the truck and up to 4 remotes. If you have the 2 original keys you can program all the additional keys yourself without a scan tool. The remotes are even easier. Let me know if you need the instructions on the programing.
The keys are not what is in question -- it's indeed the remotes. But since the 2011 key transmits on a different frequency (as stated by the dealership, so it could be horse-shit), the other fob does not work. I've verified this, as I had the 2011 key working my kepless entry and it killed my stock fob. Then, I reprogrammed the stock fob and now my stock second fob doesn't work. Can't get it to work, either. So I dunno wtf.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The keys are not what is in question -- it's indeed the remotes. But since the 2011 key transmits on a different frequency (as stated by the dealership, so it could be horse-shit), the other fob does not work. I've verified this, as I had the 2011 key working my kepless entry and it killed my stock fob. Then, I reprogrammed the stock fob and now my stock second fob doesn't work. Can't get it to work, either. So I dunno wtf.

Are you programing all remotes at the same time? It is recommendted to program or reprogram all the remotes at the same time so the computer has them all logged.

·
Banned
534 Posts

Are you programing all remotes at the same time? It is recommendted to program or reprogram all the remotes at the same time so the computer has them all logged.
I haven't done anything additional as of yet.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts