F-150 Raptor Forums banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Banned
534 Posts
Does anyone know if the new key fob will work with the bidirectional remote starter for the 2010's?
This has been asked already in this thread I think twice, replied at least one time by me, posted below.

As I understand it, there is NO remote start AVAILABLE for the 6.2 Raptor yet. For some reason, the 2011 model year of the Raptor has remote start as part of the Luxury Package and cannot be retro-fitted into the 2010.

·
Registered
599 Posts
What we are asking is if anyone out there with a 2010 Raptor with the Bi directional remote starter has bought the 4 button 2011 key and programed button 4 to remote start the truck. No one has answered that yet.
I guess maybe I'll have to step up,buy the key and see if it can work.

·
Banned
534 Posts
ok, maybe I am stupid.

To my knowledge searching online and calling the dealer and trying to order the part -- REMOTE START IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2010 6.2L RAPTORS.

There, I dont know how else I can put it. So, when you ask: Will this work with the bi-directional remote start... Nobody can answer you because THE REMOTE START IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2010 6.2L RAPTORS.

Someone please correct me. Since this is what I've been saying and nobody seems to "get it".

This does not apply to the 5.4. So, someone with the 5.4 Raptor + Remote Start + 2011 key-fob could possibly chime in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
swoop1156 you apparently have no idea of what you are talking about. The bidirectional starter is available and has been installed on 2010 6.2 li already do a search of this forum or call your ford dealer my local dealer has installed a few already and assured me that it is not a problem. As stated above some of us would like to know if the four button new 2011 key would work with the bidirectional starter removing the need to carry the additional fob. Reading comprehension is obviously not your strength.

·
Registered
599 Posts
ok, maybe I am stupid.

To my knowledge searching online and calling the dealer and trying to order the part -- REMOTE START IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2010 6.2L RAPTORS.

There, I dont know how else I can put it. So, when you ask: Will this work with the bi-directional remote start... Nobody can answer you because THE REMOTE START IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2010 6.2L RAPTORS.

Someone please correct me. Since this is what I've been saying and nobody seems to "get it".

This does not apply to the 5.4. So, someone with the 5.4 Raptor + Remote Start + 2011 key-fob could possibly chime in.
Your not Stupid, but you don't get it. The Ford Bi-directional remote start system can be bought and installed on virtually any Ford vehicle with a auto trans. We want to know if the new 2011 4 button key can be programed to operate that system.

·
Banned
119 Posts
The constant use of the 2 letter word "bi" has me concerned... I would perfer the use of multi from now on please....

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
534 Posts
swoop1156 you apparently have no idea of what you are talking about. The bidirectional starter is available and has been installed on 2010 6.2 li already do a search of this forum or call your ford dealer my local dealer has installed a few already and assured me that it is not a problem. As stated above some of us would like to know if the four button new 2011 key would work with the bidirectional starter removing the need to carry the additional fob. Reading comprehension is obviously not your strength.
Really dude? I think that my 500 posts are more valid than your 40 something posts. Aside from that, I've posted several times that when I went to order a remote start for my 2010 6.2, they're not available. So if you have some magic knowledge and can post some part numbers, go for it. Obviously, tact is not your strength. Your dealer assured you that it's not a problem? Do you have it installed on your truck? Do you have any other information other than the word vomit coming from your mouth? Then shut the hell up and be useful and get some REAL information if you know so much. I am posting what I've witnessed while trying to do this to my truck. This is what's happening in my world. I am sharing this. When you get this installed in your truck, post here just like I do.

As for now, your ******* comments have made us no closer to solving this question. Obviously, tact and intelligence both are not your strengths.
Your not Stupid, but you don't get it. The Ford Bi-directional remote start system can be bought and installed on virtually any Ford vehicle with a auto trans. We want to know if the new 2011 4 button key can be programed to operate that system.
...virtually any Ford vehicle with an auto trans... So, does that "category" fit the 2010 Raptor with a 6.2? For petes sake, can't people understand ANY of my posts? I post here with what I know.

Let me try to break this shit down...

1. The remote start WILL work with the 2011 key; it's all RF.
  2. There is no remote start available for the 2010 6.2 Raptor, according to two different dealers.
  3. If there is some remote start that works on the 2010 6.2 Raptor, it's NOT through Ford.
  4. If you know of a FORD system that works with the 2010 Raptor with the 6.2, POST HERE and tell us part numbers.
If you cannot understand the words above -- then I can no longer help you.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
One bad thing about the add on remote starts I noticed after installing one on my wife's edge is that the way it works with the pats system it thinks there is a key in the ignition and moves the seat into position. So it kind of goes against the easy entry feature. Once you put the key in and go to take it out the seat still moves back like normal. Just a side note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
534 Posts
That's a good point. Not really too much of a concern of mine since I can get in and out no matter where the seat is, but I guess that would be important.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
It's kind of an annoyance for me. My wife is 5' and I'm 6'. So the rare occasions I drive it I'm banging my knees on the dash if I forget to hot memory 2 first haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
119 Posts
Really dude? I think that my 500 posts are more valid than your 40 something posts. Aside from that, I've posted several times that when I went to order a remote start for my 2010 6.2, they're not available. So if you have some magic knowledge and can post some part numbers, go for it. Obviously, tact is not your strength. Your dealer assured you that it's not a problem? Do you have it installed on your truck? Do you have any other information other than the word vomit coming from your mouth? Then shut the hell up and be useful and get some REAL information if you know so much. I am posting what I've witnessed while trying to do this to my truck. This is what's happening in my world. I am sharing this. When you get this installed in your truck, post here just like I do.

As for now, your ******* comments have made us no closer to solving this question. Obviously, tact and intelligence both are not your strengths.

...virtually any Ford vehicle with an auto trans... So, does that "category" fit the 2010 Raptor with a 6.2? For petes sake, can't people understand ANY of my posts? I post here with what I know.

Let me try to break this shit down...

1. The remote start WILL work with the 2011 key; it's all RF.
  2. There is no remote start available for the 2010 6.2 Raptor, according to two different dealers.
  3. If there is some remote start that works on the 2010 6.2 Raptor, it's NOT through Ford.
  4. If you know of a FORD system that works with the 2010 Raptor with the 6.2, POST HERE and tell us part numbers.
If you cannot understand the words above -- then I can no longer help you.
Hey, have you used the FLMowner site to look for parts? I have my trucks and cars registered there and just searched for remote starts for the F150 and none of them say for all except 6.2L... go there reg your truck and search for parts... It looks like it is available for the 6.2L but I dont have a 6.2L vin to check...
http://www.flmowner.com

Here is the link for Ford Motor Parts directly... Just input your vin and check... if its there you can direct the part to a specific dealer...
http://www.fordparts.com

·
Banned
534 Posts
Hey, have you used the FLMowner site to look for parts? I have my trucks and cars registered there and just searched for remote starts for the F150 and none of them say for all except 6.2L... go there reg your truck and search for parts... It looks like it is available for the 6.2L but I dont have a 6.2L vin to check...
http://www.flmowner.com

Here is the link for Ford Motor Parts directly... Just input your vin and check... if its there you can direct the part to a specific dealer...
http://www.fordparts.com
Yeah, I've been there and that's how I got the part number to go back to the dealer with and order it for my truck. They said that AC3Z-19G364-A, which is the bi-directional remote start, nor any other remote start for that matter will not work with the 6.2L Raptors made in 2010. Now, the 2011 Raptors have the remote start built-in with the Luxury package and I haven't yet been able to track down a part number for that. Just the fact that there were so many changes made in wiring and interface between the two models -- not even sure that it would work.

I am going on what the dealer see's, since when you could build a Raptor when they first came out, the Ford site allowed you to build it with a 36 gallon fuel tank. I don't really trust Ford sites.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Yeah, I've been there and that's how I got the part number to go back to the dealer with and order it for my truck. They said that AC3Z-19G364-A, which is the bi-directional remote start, nor any other remote start for that matter will not work with the 6.2L Raptors made in 2010. Now, the 2011 Raptors have the remote start built-in with the Luxury package and I haven't yet been able to track down a part number for that. Just the fact that there were so many changes made in wiring and interface between the two models -- not even sure that it would work.

I am going on what the dealer see's, since when you could build a Raptor when they first came out, the Ford site allowed you to build it with a 36 gallon fuel tank. I don't really trust Ford sites.
Ok cool... It so frustrating to get replys from the dealer like we will track down the number for you and get back with you... fortunately I have a few friends that work at a Ford dealer and can help me out. when I need things..

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm pretty sure Swoop's right on this one. In one of the SVT chats, an engineer told us that almost the whole wiring harness was new for 2011 (as compared to 2010).

·
Registered
599 Posts
Swoop, Dude sorry to hear that ther is no remote start available for your Raptor. They really are nice to have.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wow what a long thread, I think I lost track of where we are at with this now....LOL

I was on E-Bay looking at keys, keys fobs, etc., has anybody tried any of those vendors. The prices are great. A few years ago I purchased two extra transponder keys and remotes and I don't think I spend more than $20 or $30 bucks for anything. They were relatively easy to program, although the sequence seemed goofy, turn this 3X, push this, 4X, turn of, turn on, etc., run around the truck three times (just kidding) they all worked fine and gave me plenty of working spares, etc.

Also when I was looking at the Power Wagon, they had a strange non key key thing too that was kinda clumsy looking.

One of the keys I saw on E-bay listed for the Fords through 2011 that looked like a folding key into the fob arrangement too. I'll have to research this a little more tonight.

When mine finally comes in I will see what it actually has and then work on options and spares/back ups. If I have the remote start option on the original factory key fobs, that would be fine, my back ups, with or with out, is less important. I think mine should have remote starts as part of one of the packages I ordered. I have never had remote start and I am kinda looking forward to it.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for all of the posts with insight into this topic.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts