F-150 Raptor Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remote Start for 2010 6.2 Raptor

I have a 2010 6.2 Raptor and I have installed a remote start!!! I am not sure why a dealership would tell you it can't be installed unless they do not have a mechanic smart enough to install it. Mine is a Ford factory remote start, actually it is made by code alarm for ford. This system has excellent range, unless you want to start your vehicle from the other side of the Mall through buildings, if you do get a 4G enabled start system. The remote start from Ford integrates with the factory security system and the #1 and #2 remotes for seat positions. It comes with two 6 button remotes and has multiple modes programs. The Bi-Directional remote start you are refering to has a better range as it sends a signal back to the FOB to let you know the vehicle is started, with a blinking light. As this remote works off a completely different frequency, I doubt seriously that the remote with key built in will operate the Bi-Directional remote. I believe they have 3 modes of the remote start packages, from the Fords OEM parts, Silver, Gold and Platinum. I have the Gold which comes with the 6 button remotes. I need to warn you though if you have little to no electronic background and cannot read a electrical scematic you need to take your truck to a semi pro for install. There is a lot of cut, strip and splice!!!! Took me about 3/4 of a day since I had never installed on a Ford before.
If you want a part number it is on this forum somewhere or let me know and I will try to find it. I think I have it in my Raptor file..:smileup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
wow, i'm surprised it wouldn't work for the 2010. wonder what the conflict is.

side note, since when did number of posts directly correlate to one's knowledge? now that's just dumb.

·
Banned
534 Posts
Swoop, Dude sorry to hear that ther is no remote start available for your Raptor. They really are nice to have.
Indeed they are. Just found out that I'm moving from this cold climate to Florida -- so now instead of heat, I'd use it for A/C! Can't win for losing I guess. :)
side note, since when did number of posts directly correlate to one's knowledge? now that's just dumb.
Ha, so was the post I was replying to!:kap:

·
Registered
51 Posts
SWOOP MAHZ06 has installed a Ford remote starter on a 6.2 li himself. Searching this forum so have two other individuals. So your "witnessing" of this process is obviously seriously flawed. Flame away

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes! Forums are great. I can say that the Fusion key will work on our trucks. I checked out the F-150 forums and found the solution.

First, follow the procedure in the Raptor manual as far as registering the new key.

Then to get the buttons to work:
1. Unlock all doors
2. Foot OFF brake pedal
3. Cycle off to on 8 times ending on (8th cycle) Door locks will cycle.
4. Press any button on the remotes you want to program ( in my case three)
5. Power off. Done.

Run out and get your fusion keys folks! For me, one key is the best. I carry
one key (have security keypad in my house) and my iPhone with credit card case. Minimalistic!
Helpful hint: The driver's side door must remain opened...and then proceed with the 5 steps listed above to initiate the programming mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Friends, i bough a remote start from Ford Dealer for MY 2010 RAPTOR, could you please share information how to install that ??

101 - 107 of 107 Posts