F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New raptor owner 2012 100k miles red matches my ranger bass boat. Coming from a red 2007 f150 240k miles. Hopefully I made right call..love the truck so far and from what I've read it's going to be a good solid truck for me..

·
Registered
2013 SVT Raptor Screw Full-Loaded
15 Posts
New raptor owner 2012 100k miles red matches my ranger bass boat. Coming from a red 2007 f150 240k miles. Hopefully I made right call..love the truck so far and from what I've read it's going to be a good solid truck for me..
Congrats. Don’t worry… picked up my ‘13 with 115k, drives like a dream. But had to replace the following…

1. Fluid change
2. Transfer case replacement
3. Power steering pump
4. Serpentine belt
5. Ball joints
6. Brakes/Rotors
7. Spark plugs

·
Registered
Roush
8 Posts
Is it bad to pull my boat with it? Read that the shocks need to rebound and pulling a boat is not good for it??
I plan to pull my 22 ft travel trailer with my 2013. Pulled it once already and I could feel the trailer moving the Raptor around more than it did my 2012 Titan but not enough to make me stop. And as far as power goes it beats the Nissan all to hell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Your truck will be fine.
My 2010 6.2 is still ticking along at 168K+ miles no real issues.
I have had the front shocks rebuilt twice (I abuse them a bit ;)
Yes, I pull stuff most weekends, and the bed is always loaded with tools, feed, and other crap (Under the tenue cover ;)
I pull a car hauler that I sort of overload ~10 times a year (Two pallets of cement etc.), and it pulls cars/trucks many a weekends.
** And the occasional fort lift. (Just don't front load the trailer... o_O)
Oh yes I also pull a 24ft 1970s travel trailer a bit heavy in the nose, but I have a set of leveling bags I install for that job.
Only Complaint is the brakes seem undersized and wear down a bit faster than I like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts