F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the morning!
I'm starting to turn gray over this 2014 Raptor...

Brief backstory of recent repairs:
All within the last 60 days this truck has needed the fuel pump fuse 27 relocated due to burning the box up, then the MAF was causing start/stall condition.. cleaned it, ran great for a week and then it broke a valve spring.. Also fixed that and it ran/drove perfectly for about 2 weeks.

Now, new problem:

Current problem:
Truck threw a CEL, scanned it and returned P06B6 (knock sensor issue). Ran live data on Forscan and it returned 1 misfire under general misfire live data and about 30 minutes run time... Cleared the code, ran great for 2 days after clearing the P06B6 code. AND THEN! The truck is sitting idle for 15 minutes while waiting for someone, suddenly idles up to 1000 RPM by itself then idles down eventually. Go to pull up a driveway and it surges/hunts in RPM then it stalls. Immediately re-starts and stalls again. Always re-starts without issue, surges under throttle. Haven't drove it any more yet (obviously).

120K miles, routine maintenance however it does have mostly original spark plugs in it from what I can tell. Only replaced the upper plug on the cylinder that had the broken valve spring and it was OE.

Anyone else had this issue? What was your solution?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Top of the morning!
I'm starting to turn gray over this 2014 Raptor...

Brief backstory of recent repairs:
All within the last 60 days this truck has needed the fuel pump fuse 27 relocated due to burning the box up, then the MAF was causing start/stall condition.. cleaned it, ran great for a week and then it broke a valve spring.. Also fixed that and it ran/drove perfectly for about 2 weeks.

Now, new problem:

Current problem:
Truck threw a CEL, scanned it and returned P06B6 (knock sensor issue). Ran live data on Forscan and it returned 1 misfire under general misfire live data and about 30 minutes run time... Cleared the code, ran great for 2 days after clearing the P06B6 code. AND THEN! The truck is sitting idle for 15 minutes while waiting for someone, suddenly idles up to 1000 RPM by itself then idles down eventually. Go to pull up a driveway and it surges/hunts in RPM then it stalls. Immediately re-starts and stalls again. Always re-starts without issue, surges under throttle. Haven't drove it any more yet (obviously).

120K miles, routine maintenance however it does have mostly original spark plugs in it from what I can tell. Only replaced the upper plug on the cylinder that had the broken valve spring and it was OE.

Anyone else had this issue? What was your solution?

Thanks all!
Might look for the infamous vacuum leak. Check behind the hub where it connects on both front wheels and the plugged vacuum line on bank 2 area under the cowl. You should be able to see it without taking a bunch of shit off. Grab a cannon carb cleaner or degreaser to spray the line a little. If it revs you found the leak. Hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts