F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... so this is weird. I have a 2014 with 35K on it. Yesterday I had to slam on the breaks to avoid an accident. The ABS didn’t quite catch so it wasn’t too hard of a break. After I started rolling again I got a strange metal on metal grinding noise which was pretty loud. This went on for about 20 minutes until I parked it for a few hours. When I got back in, it was gone! Its still under warranty, but I can’t even take it in now because the noise is gone. Any ideas???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would consider your IWE (integrated wheel ends). These are a common source of grinding. They can go bad, or the vacuum tubing can have a crack or hole in it. It's not too hard to trouble shoot with a handheld vacuum pump. Maybe they will check this under warranty for you??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would consider your IWE (integrated wheel ends). These are a common source of grinding. They can go bad, or the vacuum tubing can have a crack or hole in it. It's not too hard to trouble shoot with a handheld vacuum pump. Maybe they will check this under warranty for you??
Thank you for this. Yeah I did some research and came up with the same conclusion. I took her into Ford and of course this part is not covered under warranty. The hubs themselves are, but not the vacuum lines that actually activate the hubs. So for a $200 diagnosis and $58 for the part, I get to do it myself. Now I need to tear the wheels down and make sure the hubs are still good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts