2017 Raptor Flash Tuners

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Performance Mods - 3.5L V6 EcoBoost' started by Tommy Spitz, May 28, 2017.

1. Mis Ruby

Mis Ruby New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 RAPTOR
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    I agree. Shelby seems to be just putting something together with their name on it to make money.

The hood is nice. Wait awhile Shelby will sale the hoods once they hit the production numbers. Was apart of the 67 contuation Shelby Musstang builts 10 years ago. I was frabercating trans mount, bumper bracket and other metal parts. They took it online with body kit and ALL the Elonor Shelby parts.

2. CAM

CAM New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Exactly, the bad thing about it is the poor ole Shelby enthusiasts think they are getting something special. Hopefully they test the Raptor before they buy a Shelby Raptor. Besides, I have no clue as to why someone would want a chase rack on their truck or want to replace the already amazing side steps... I find the stock side steps a protective barrier for the paint from all the rocks and debris kicked up while in BEAST(baja) mode off road. Its like they are taking an already awesome truck, installing simplistic mods and then taking all the credit for creating what Ford did. Shelby is rapidly losing my respect. They need to stay with mustangs and stop trying to milk both worlds to stay afloat. That is not CS's intent!

Tommy Spitz likes this.
  3. Mis Ruby

Mis Ruby New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 RAPTOR
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Yep! They did a Shelby truck 10 years ago back when they did the Eleanor Shelbys. Wasn't anything special. Never went into production.

Sent my PCM to Whipple yesterday. Should have it back in time for Weekend Fun!!!!

Have you heard of the Raptor Assault Racing School at Ford Racing School in Utah?

Tommy Spitz likes this.
  4. Tommy Spitz

Tommy Spitz New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Blue Flame
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    I was invited to one free day at the Utah course. I wouldn't travel all the way there for that though. Flight isn't free

5. Mis Ruby

Mis Ruby New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 RAPTOR
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    It was well worth the $500 for Air fair, hotel and car rental to me. Utah was beautiful. Plus I got a killer hat!

6. Tommy Spitz

Tommy Spitz New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Blue Flame
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Haha. Well with 3 kids, I'd have to say Utah is not our Idea of a family vacation and wife definitely wouldn't be too happy if I booked that trip for myself

7. CAM

CAM New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    I live in Las Vegas Nevada so my Raptor and I will be doing a road trip Raptor Assault... WOOOT. Waiting for classes to come available.

Tommy Spitz likes this.
  8. CAM

CAM New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Will that void the warranty or is it acceptable since ford and whipple worked it together???

9. CAM

CAM New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    LOL, my pcm might be doing some solo travel....

10. Mis Ruby

Mis Ruby New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 RAPTOR
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    The way warranty’s used to work is the part has to be the cause of the warranty item failure. So it’s a dice roll if you blow a motor or trans. A lot of time it depends on the dealership. They actually want the warranty work because they get paid for it.

I fried my PCM on my 2003 Ford Harley truck. It was my fault because I had a plug and play performance chip that plugged into the PCM. I would put it in and take it out on weekends. Being in a hurry and forgetting to disconnect the battery once and I shorted out the PCM pulling it out. That was an $850 item even back then. I had a friend a ford service and he said don’t worry about it and replaced it under warranty.

This is just my knowlage from 10 years ago when I used to sale performance parts on the side. Im sure you can research to see how current aftermarket performance parts can effect your warranty. And usually the sales can give you that information on how their part can effect the warranty. It’s a grey area but I’ve never had an issue.

11. CAM

CAM New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Its my understanding and experience that the dealership gets paid for doing maintenance on your vehicle whether the warranty covers it or you pay for it out of pocket. Additionally, I have experienced dealerships looking for items that may have caused the issue in order to void the warranty and force you to pay the big dollars as I believe they get more from the consumer than they get from the insurer of the warranty. As a 2003 Lightning owner for the past 14+ years, I would certainly know this as I have replaced the motor in my truck 3 times. The last one was out of pocket due to a technicality discovered by the dealership that voided my warranty. Despite the fact that they did warranty work and tuning with that technicality present. The technicality... a $15 vacuum bypass regarding boost. The proper way to stop over boost from quitting at WOT is to pay for a professional dyno-tune. In spite of the fact that Ford tuned the truck several times with that mod under warranty is proof that their methods are inadequate. The fix is to have the tranny change gears prior to 5250 RPM over boost shut-off. That way shut-off never happens and engine damage is negated as a result. Since tune and massive mods, no engine issues and current engine has lasted longer then first 3 combined. Go figure... Moral of the story... Ford is happy to have your vehicle in for service as much as possible; warranty or not, which is why they only fix the problem and not the cause of that fixed problem. FACT! You to will be replacing your motor in your Raptor if you fail to put on a catch can... This applies to all gen 2 raptor owners. Check you tube for videos on this...

12. Mis Ruby

Mis Ruby New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 RAPTOR
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Whipple Charger Recalibrated PCM installed today. It feels like Performance Mode in regular Mode. It’s hard to feel the power increase with the 10 speed transimition but can see the speed-o climbing much faster and find myself braking harder than I used to. I unhooked my Paddle Commander when I installed the PCM. Hooked it back up but haven’t drove truck since then. Have a feeling I’ll have to put it in lower response mode to keep from blowing the tires out now. Will post tomorrow after a few test runs with Peddle Commander hooked up with Whipple Charger tune.

Still have the SPD spacers and S-Type Borla to install. Going to dyno after that to see true numbers.

Tommy Spitz likes this.
  13. Tommy Spitz

Tommy Spitz New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Blue Flame
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    That’s all I really want is more response in normal mode and some more pep in sport. I can’t stand that I have to hit a button every time I start the car to have speed and also to hit a button to shut off that stupid auto shutoff

Mis Ruby likes this.
  14. Mis Ruby

Mis Ruby New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 RAPTOR
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    It really pulls hard in performance mode too. Trans works as before, shifts to quick to use paddle shifters with the added power. Love it! Looked down and watched it hit 65 quick!

Still have to turn off the auto start button. Hate that thing!!!

15. Tommy Spitz

Tommy Spitz New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Blue Flame
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    That’s why I’m going power programmer. The diabo will be able to shut that stupid thing off permanently. If I’m trying to cool off on a hot summer day I don’t need my air shutting off at every damn light. If I’m sitting in traffic I don’t want my wheels locked if I want turn then towards a lane that started moving. Unless you go run a 1/4 mile and post your time to change my mind haha

16. CAM

CAM New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    No such thing as a 2017 gen 1.... just saying...

17. Mis Ruby

Mis Ruby New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 RAPTOR
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Whipple Charger PCM installed with Paddle Commander hooked back up.

WOW! Love the power gain. Unhooked it when I installed the PCM Really tell the difference with it hooked back up. Had to go one setting lower because of the power gain.

18. CAM

CAM New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Curious, what is the change in gas mileage after the power gain?

19. Mis Ruby

Mis Ruby New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 RAPTOR
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Well! Was not to bad until I installed SPD spacer and Borla S Type exhaust. Turbos spool up to 21 psi and I enjoy hearing the sound. So I went from 16 with PCM upgrade to 13.5 after exhaust.

Once I stop putting my foot into it I’ll report back on gas mileage. Might be awhile, to much fun right now.

20. Mis Ruby

Mis Ruby New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 RAPTOR
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Well Cam, keeping my foot out of it for a couple days. I was low to mid 16 mpg city. But I like playing with her so she gets around mid 13’s when I do that.

Mis Ruby don’t like going slow!!!