2018 Body Panel Issue

Discussion in '2018 Ford Raptor Forum' started by FstTbss, Nov 11, 2017.

1. FstTbss

FstTbss New Member

Vehicle?:
    2018 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Hey guys I just received a 2018 shadow black crew cab. Upon bring it home and looking it over in the day light it appears there is some sort of imperfection in the rear driver side door. It looks almost as if someone tried paintless dent removal. Its locate half way down the door under the door handle and above the body flare. It favors the back edge of the door. There is no damage to the paint. Not sure if it's a flaw in how the door is stamped or what. If any of you 2017 2018 owners could take a look at your doors and let me know if yours has it or not I'd greatly appreciate it. It's not on the passanger rear door that I can tell. Thank you in advance.
    E.

2. BLKOUT

BLKOUT New Member

Vehicle?:
    2018 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Can you take a pic of yours so we are comparing apples to apples?

3. FstTbss

FstTbss New Member

Vehicle?:
    2018 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Yeah I sure can. I'll try in the day light. However i will retract my previous paintless dent removal statement. Upon further inspection it appears the door was damaged before it was even painted. If you run your finger down the door gap between the door and the back of the cab you can feel a flat spot as if something hit the door. It also has a slight vertical crease that almost looks like it sticks out instead of in much like a typical dent. It's for sure not a stamping imperfection. It didn't happen after the paint was applied either. The finish is completely flawless with no signs of someone trying to correct it. The truck only has 21 miles on it. This sucks pretty bad. I've had it a day tops and it hasn't left the driveway. I have no idea how fords going to make this right

4. RAPTOR2

RAPTOR2 Active Member Military

Vehicle?:
    2018 Raptor Screw
    Color?:
    Lead Foot
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Hey ,
    Listen I've got two of those in my '18 Leadfoot Crew. What they are is where in post paint production Ford Factory paint guy's took out little dirt nib's using a piece of 2000 grit wet sand paper with there finger and removed the nib ,This in turn gives the Illusion of dents in the clear coat ,plus these only appear at certain light angles..... Man Ford is really F#%ked up
    Had they use a little block of wood or a hardened sponge theses would not appear the way they do.

Here's how you get rid of them:
    Have a really good dent removal guy use his glue pulling pieces to create high spots , then his little rubber tipped awl to knock down around the spot then wet sand with block ... These will disappear , on the doors they will get lost with the wavyness of the orange peel on the clearcoat ...
    The more you look at the paint the more you will see things ....It's a real Bummer !!!!!

I went over my paint with a fine tooth comb and only came across two of those and got rid of the immediately ...

The first reaction when you see those is : WTF ! Where did i get this dent from ? lmao

Good Luck dude !

5. FstTbss

FstTbss New Member

Vehicle?:
    2018 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Hey thanks for getting back to me RAPTOR2. The more I look at this truck the sicker I get. If you have some time could you please look in your passenger side drip molding? The area directly above your passage front door between the sunroof and the top the of door. Mine has the ripple of the stamp then a monster size dent. Now that it's day light here I've gone out and looked closer the at the dent in the door it also carries over to the bed side at the same elevation. I've tried to get a good pic but it won't show. 20171112_112432.jpg

6. RAPTOR2

Vehicle?:
    2018 Raptor Screw
    Color?:
    Lead Foot
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Wholy Shit !

I told you not to look over your truck !:oops:
    Your gonna get sicker ! :(
    I'm clean on my drip molding both sides
    The ripples are going to appear everywhere because of the stamps , especially the doors around the handles and under the drivers windows the orange peel doesn't help, plus black is unforgiving..........

7. FstTbss

FstTbss New Member

Vehicle?:
    2018 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Here's the best shot I can get of the door and bed. If you look at the reflection you can see my arm. Right about the elevation ofwhere my elbow is is where you would want to look. If you follow the door seem down you can see the low spot in the end of the door. You can feel this low if you run your finger down the seem. Directly across from it is the spot in the bed. 20171112_111110.jpg
    tTha
    Thanks for checking I really appreciate it. I'm getting rid of the truck tomorrow evening. It's unacceptable for 70k. The dealer is going to take it back. No more fords for me.

RAPTOR2 likes this.
  8. RAPTOR2

Vehicle?:
    2018 Raptor Screw
    Color?:
    Lead Foot
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    I see it !
    That spot is post production ! No doubt it has been wet sanded with an index finger !

Sorry to see you go .. Most dealers would just try to get it rite from ford ... Now that they buy it back ,it can't be sold as a bran new truck ..........

9. FstTbss

FstTbss New Member

Vehicle?:
    2018 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Yeah. It sucks I've wanted one since 14 and missed the order dead line back then. Then I waited 15 weeks for this one just to have it all beat up looking. The roof is terrible and is for sure a production issue. It looks like a big clamp impression. O well wasn't meant to be. Thanks for all your help and taking the time out of your day to check things for me brother. Best of luck to you with yours.