F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well boys I am sorry to tell all of you that my Timing chain has stretched out again. The cam phasers are out of sync. Guides are worn out and the chain tensioner is gone too! fully extended. This is the 3rd time Ford has to tear apart my motor. This truck has never been abused or neglected. I have pulled the code PO365 which is the camshaft positioning sensor. This probably means my cam phaser sensor B Bank 1 is reading incorrectly. Why because my timing chain has stretched again. The phaser wants to go back to 0 but the computer is fighting against it as its programed to. Thus shutting the motor power to Off! Pretty scary when accelerating on a freeway.

First tear down at 22,400
Second tear down at 54,456

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the TSB by ford. They acknowledge that it’s been an ongoing issue and is still an issue. 2011-2015. Now 3 times on a 2018. It’s time for Ford to create another TSB.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reception at the dealership is lets just wait until next month to see what's wrong with your truck. My answer back was that I might have already traded it in on a new V8 by then. I am very sorry I let the dealership convince me to trade my 2016 XLT V8 in on this Raptor. That truck was powerful and great unlike this turbo nightmare. The more I think about it the more I will start my search for a new V8 maybe even Diesel. My said Trophy Like Truck has only let me down. Going back and forth to a dealership is like going to the DMV. Once every 4 years is enough!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally after going to the forth Ford dealership, Michelle in service said oh no not another timing chain. I said just how many of these have you seen? Her reply was quite a lot. She was very receptive and said to be at her ford dealership next Monday at 7:00 am for them to diagnose it. She said its a short week so don't expect the repair to be done. My reply was, no problem, thank you and do what ever you need to do to fix this truck. I guess dealership hopping is the way to go.

·
Administrator
1,550 Posts
Yep, sounds like you are having a time of it. Too bad, should take that much effort to get it fixed. I still have the GEN 1 V8 and haven't experienced that problem. And yeah, sometimes you get better service by finding the right shop. They are not all the same.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The good news is that Ford is Fixing it again. The cam phasers are chattering and the timing system has worn out again. I really hope they get it fixed this time. While waiting for the service man I checked out the inventory. The dealership had 12 new 2019 Raptors for sale. The salesman said they aren't selling. this dealer will not aquire any new models until these are all gone. I called all 4 dealers in my town the total number of 2019 Raptors for sale is 43. That's crazy as 2 years ago you couldn't find one if you wanted too. I hope Ford hasn't overdone the production and hurt their re-sale value.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is what happened. The cam phaser broke apart and the spring dislodged. As you see the timing chain slack is evident. You guys are probably wondering how I have pics and the motor is torn apart within 2 days. Right after I picked up the rental I was driving and saw my truck go by. I knew the mechanic was driving it so I flipped a b$$&h and followed him into the dealership. I slipped him a C-note and said send pics to my phone. These are some of the destruction. The cam phaser exploded. The half was flopping around in my motor while the spring was in a engine valley. The timing chain is stretched and the guides are gone too. This is only what has been happening in my motor. I hope no one else has to put this much effort into there truck. Stay tuned for the rebuild. Lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree about the lemon law. The dealership just called and said its ready. They assured me its 100%. I'm leaving my house right now to go and get it. Once more and the lemon law kicks in. I really don't want to go there. I just want a reliable truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts