F-150 Raptor Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
They can beg all they want. A V10 Ford doesn't sound as good as a V8.
Again, many with V12s will differ. And I'm sure those with a V10 will differ as well. Somethings are just subjective, and you're certainly entitled to your preference and opinion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the Pleasure of meeting a gentleman that works for Ford Performance. He’s done all the R&D testing on all three Gen’s of Raptors and Broncos. I have a 2020 Gen 2, he had tons of insite on how to set mine up, and info on the new R that’s COMING. He looked at my truck and in the first 5 seconds said, take the front Lic plate off. It’s blocking a intake for the turbo’s. Said it’s a 10-15 HP Rob on a Dyno. You all know that top brass at Ford wanted a V4 TT Hybrid???? WHAT??? They had to literally hide a V-8 raptor from a few of the top brass at Ford when they were testing them in Johnson Valley. He said they’d send “the German” in the Bronco on one side of Johnson Valley while they were testing the V8 in a remote area. He couldn’t tell me exact HP #’s, but he did say it’s a Mustang V8 that put out TRX type of HP. Funnest thing he was speaking of, was how fast the TRX they bought to test FELL APART off-road. Also said the new R is next level amazing!! Said they will be worth the wait. Said they were testing a “Watts” type rear suspension that worked even better then the 5link….. but didn’t fair well in the test crashes. And had to stick with the 5 link.
Having a Gen2 V6, I can honestly say the 2020 is a Awesome set up. I had lots of doubts About the V6. But If you DRIVE IT, it performs! Just have to drive it like a two stroke 250 dirt bike. You can’t just mash the right peddle. Have to keep the R’s up.
With all that said….. I probably will get a R when they become avail.

Anyone want a 2020 Leadfoot gray 802a truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 22 of 22 Posts