F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that $3000 Ford has on their website, but that seems high for a 6.2L engine. Is that the price they are going to charge on the F-250, too? Right now the V10 is only a $600 upgrade. on the F-250.

Michael

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I know that $3000 Ford has on their website, but that seems high for a 6.2L engine. Is that the price they are going to charge on the F-250, too? Right now the V10 is only a $600 upgrade. on the F-250.

Michael
That sucks for sure....I looked at my sales men like he was a nut job....:(

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It`s very high, but it`s marketing, the 5.4 will be a success in the sales department, but would it be if there was only a $500 difference in price between the 5.4 and 6.2?

·
Registered
42 Posts
save money and order an Roush S/C for the 5.4
blower should add 130-150hp more pending. plus you get the wined sound that everyone loves!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ya I got the 5.4 coming and I plan on throwing on a Supercharger somtime down the road. I had a SC on both of my past Tacoma,s, its cool when you have to punch it the whin and tire squeal... Billy

·
Registered
42 Posts
wait till you fill up at the pump? is that the whining sound you refer to lol

no sir, my truck only dropped 3mpg but the gain was 176hp (with bigger heat extactor). and i did have 20" Roush rims so im not 100% if that played a little role.
but the key is, dont be cheap and buy some crappy set-up and no tuner or chipped pcm. if you buy Roush S/C, Roush will retune 100% to your settings:smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts