F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 4.88 gears, front and back, into the beast and now need to reprogram the PCM to correct the speedo. Is there any product available yet?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed Hypertech and they produced one. I ordered it last week and should receive it by the 9th.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Roser,
I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer, but why did you feel you needed to change the gearing? I'm not 'knocking' it, just curious and is it that noticeable?
Reddog...

·
Registered
802 Posts
He said the gears really woke up the motor and the low end. It would drive me nuts though being at 2500 rpm at 70. I drive 80 pretty regularly and 3000rpm would be loud for me, even with a Corsa non-droning exhaust.

·
Banned
0 Posts
He said the gears really woke up the motor and the low end. It would drive me nuts though being at 2500 rpm at 70. I drive 80 pretty regularly and 3000rpm would be loud for me, even with a Corsa non-droning exhaust.

Yeah, gears will "wake a motor up". They'll also drive you nuts and cause your motor to drink a LOT of gas.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Did he ever get the PCM updated correctly? Was it really as easy as Hypertech tweaking their stuff?

Hard to believe... it took us nearly 3 years with the new Hemi's to be able to change gearing.

Apples and oranges, I know... but dayum that's refreshing to see how easy it might be with these trucks.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Did he ever get the PCM updated correctly? Was it really as easy as Hypertech tweaking their stuff?

Hard to believe... it took us nearly 3 years with the new Hemi's to be able to change gearing.

Apples and oranges, I know... but dayum that's refreshing to see how easy it might be with these trucks.
Took 3 years to figure out how to fix the speedo on the rams? Jesus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts