F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not me. Supercab is the right size for me. I'm not an expert in offroading, but I think they went with the shortest wheelbase they could that would be practical to avoid killing ground clearance, etc, and as a result the SuperCab is too big (if they want to stick to they stated purpose of the truck). My guess though, is that if they thought they could sell enough of them to make it worth their while, they would build what ever people wanted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I will probably have to wait a year or two before I will be in a position to afford a new truck anyway. So if they did make a crew cab in that time, I would opt for the larger cab, because I think it would still look good and would be better suited for a family of 4 like I have. If they don't make one, I guess we'll just have to squeeze into it, because this is definitely the highest truck on my list right now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a family of 4 and its big enough for us. I traded in a supercrew for the raptor so yeah, its a little smaller

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went from a supercrew to the Raptor supercab, no big deal for me but I don't haul people often. If I do, and the bitch, I'll slam on the brakes and they can walk their ass the rest of the way.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the same mind set as dajohu. No bitchin allowed when I be drivin. They will NEVER make a super crewcab Raptor. It defeats the purpose of what it is intended for. Nothing says you can't have one built yourself though. The parts are all out there already.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am waiting for the SuperCrew and hopefully it will come with the 6.5ft bed!
That would be way to big of a truck plus it would look rediculous!! I hate the look of a crewcab with the 6.5ft bed its a boat.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Personally, i don't give a damn about the legroom in the back. I'm sure it has more than enough room for someone who is over 6' tall...it may not be the must comfortable ride for them, but they are getting where they want to go for free...and if i cared about their comfort i'd buy an Excursion or something along those lines. Plus, unless those people are chipping in for gas...it's not like i'll be making in 1000+ mile roadtrips in this truck with other people, we'll take something that's a bit easier on gas haha.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
A King Ranch Super Crew costs $2,000 more than a Raptor. A Raptor Super Crew would cost too much.
In my opinion, the Rator looks well balanced as it is.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
A King Ranch Super Crew costs $2,000 more than a Raptor. A Raptor Super Crew would cost too much.
In my opinion, the Rator looks well balanced as it is.

Totally agree! As much as I would prefer a supercrew as I won't be able to use it to it's full potential, the price would probably drive me away. It would probably cost as much as the diesel I was originally looking at.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey there all, I am really considering into coverting my 09 fx4 into a raptor if I can find the parts, so if any of you know where to get them, please let me know thanks...

·
Registered
533 Posts
hey there all, I am really considering into coverting my 09 fx4 into a raptor if I can find the parts, so if any of you know where to get them, please let me know thanks...
Hmm...i'm guessing it would just be cheaper to trade your FX4 in for a Raptor, that way you will have the look AND functionality of one haha...

·
Registered
27 Posts
well I only like the front end of the raptor, thats the only conversion I would like to do. Another question I would like to know is, if the structure of the truck is the same as the f150, like the frame. If so shouldn't the fenders fit as a OME product?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
While a super crew would be "cool", it woud hamper the purose of it. There are plenty of super crew pre-runners out at the dunes and desert but, they've also been tweaked quite a bit. I don't think there would a huge difference in performance to a super cab but, Ford would need to go back the drawing board to adjust for the extra weight and length.......that and the increase in price.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
The fenders would fit as oem, but you gotta remember the truck is 7" wider too. So you will need to do some suspension mods too so your tires aren't sitting so far onside the fender. Also will look kinda dumb if you don't do the bedsides too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would LOVE to see the 4 door option.

I already have a regular cab truck and a 2 door Volvo coupe in the family. We need some room for longer trips to the racetrack with the bike. Maybe as much as I want one I just shouldn't.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts