F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what i have been reading, once the current supply of 5.4 and 4.6 motors are depleted, the 2010 Mustang and 2010 F-150 will be getting the new 5.0 Coyote motor which puts out 400HP and 400ft of torque and gives the 6.2 motor more than a run for the money performance wise, it`s also lighter and more fuel efficient and it will become the replacement motor for the 6.2 within a year at a slightly higher HP output.

I`m wondering why Ford just did not make this the standard motor for the Raptor, all new truck concept but with motors that seem to be outdated with their end in sight. A stock 2010 F-150 will have a more advanced higher output motor than the Raptor!!:wow:

If it wasn`t for the looks and the trucks capabilities i`m not sure what i would do. I just hope that this first year run of Raptors is not used to help Ford deplete a surplus of motors.:shakehead:

·
Registered
68 Posts
The difference between a 5.0 and a 6.2 putting out the same hp/tq will be completely different as in where in the power band the hp/tq is produced. Believe me you will want the 6.2 in the heavey truck because the torque will come on much quicker and you won't have to rev the piss out it like you would the 5.0 before you start making real power. I know Ford is talking about puttin it in the F-150 but if I have my druthers I would rather have more cubes making torque quicker in a heavy truck.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree about the 6.2, the Raptor being a new truck i`m just curious why the 5.4 motor is being used, it`s going to be replaced by the 5.0 once the supply of 5.4 motors are used up. I would rather have seen the 6.2 motor first, then have the 5.0 come out this winter, just keep the 5.4 in the F-150 until the supply of motors is gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts