1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Wow im glad I ordered mine when I did.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I really dont think that is true. Considering that the article is dated August 13 and I finalized my order later then that, I dont see how they could be sold out. I also asked my dealer and he said that he could still order up to 40 (remember we Americans here serving in germany only have 50 slots) so I really think its just BS. Just another way that the media might be trying to help out ford. Put something like that out and a lot of people will go to their local dealership to check out the rumor and then the dealers can get their chance.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I read somewhere that was the number of pre ordered Raptors and that was all Ford would take before the release date.

dly

·
Registered
599 Posts
If it were true that would be a real bummer for the guys that were waiting to order the 6.2.
I emailed my brother in law at Ford. I will know the truth later today.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If it were true that would be a real bummer for the guys that were waiting to order the 6.2.
I emailed my brother in law at Ford. I will know the truth later today.
Military exchange still had 12 spots left as of Sunday when I placed my order. The 6.2 will be a job 2 truck.....so we should be good.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I was able to talk to a Ford rep. at the Orange County auto show this last sunday and he made the comment that within the next couple of months any dealer that wants one should have no problem in getting one or more for their floor, he mentioned that some of the larger dealers have ordered over ten. It seems that they have them stock piled someplace, last month the plant was producing 50 Raptors a day. Also the 6.2 motors for the Raptor have already been built, they are just waiting for the green light from Ford to drop them into the Raptor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Also the 6.2 motors for the Raptor have already been built, they are just waiting for the green light from Ford to drop them into the Raptor.[/QUOTE]

That is sweet news, Those of us that have been waiting impatiently for the 6.2 should be thrilled with this!!!! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Talked to my dealer about timing to order a 6.2. He called into Ford and they responded by saying " We expect to be able to start processing orders in January".....and there was "No comment" as to his inquiry about horsepower and torque......I hate to wait but you know it is sort of all part of the deal.......I am hoping Ford has some exciting surprises for us 6.2 fans.

·
Registered
45 Posts
regarding sold out - e-bay is all I can say.

Just hope it doesn't get to like the GT500 early on when the 6.2 is let out with the waiting list game and big dealer adm's. Different time now - they should be happy to sell and deal but in their defense if they have something that high in demand they have to make their $ when they can.

I've already accepted I'll be waiting until later in the uild. The idea of sold out is sill though. Not only e-bay but I promise if there are that many people wanting them Ford (or any auto company) is not going to stop making them these days. Just see limited edition GT500 for example ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nothing is sold out.

Go to your Ford dealer, they are only too happy to order 1. Or better yet - go find one of the 100 or more sitting on a dealer lot right now.

Also - only a very few have sold for even $2500 BELOW MSRP on eBay. The others all expired with a NO SALE and relisted for less.

RELAX. This isn't an Alfa 8c Competizione or Ford GT. There are plenty around and more being built every day.

Most importantly - enjoy the day.

Sean

1 - 16 of 16 Posts