F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, just spoke with the director of fleet sales, he was going to order my Raptor for me, he contacted Ford about the 6.2l and it wont be available until march, and wont be able to order the motor in the truck until January. The good news is that the Ford rep told him they are rating the moter at 500 hp, not 400. Which would mean the Raptor R motor (that was rated @ 500!) will be in the new 6.2 raptors. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Although I so want to believe that, I'm juuuust not sure if I can.....the hp rating that is. If so, perfect, it will be out just in time for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just don't see 500HP - no way. I'm sure the 6.2 will be able to be tweaked to get 500HP fairly easily, but not in production trim - unless of course they are going to sell Raptor R's.

The latest literature suggests 400/400 and I think they'll beat both numbers and have terrific power under the curve, but no way this engine makes 500 HP in a regular production Raptor.

I too would love to be wrong! It will be worth the additional charge (and wait) for a lot of people, but don't set yourself up for disappointment thinking we're going to get 500HP.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
That's not true. I went to order mine and the motor option is there it's just if you select it It tells you not available until job 2. Which is sometime in nov. I saw this with my own eyes. Unless you have better connections than me which you might, but I'm calling bs on that one. If you are right then let us know when the crew cab is coming.;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's not true. I went to order mine and the motor option is there it's just if you select it It tells you not available until job 2. Which is sometime in nov. I saw this with my own eyes. Unless you have better connections than me which you might, but I'm calling bs on that one. If you are right then let us know when the crew cab is coming.;)
I got better things to do then BS people. Simple relayng the info i got relayed to me. As far as the 500hp thing goes, i questioned him and double checked what he was saying was correct. He clearly stated that it will be 500 hp, i pointed out everything else states that it will be @ 400hp. He said his Ford contact stated 500hp.

I did read that the Raptor R motor was a 6.2 with special programing, making it a 500 hp motor, the production was to be a 400hp motor. So i have my doubts too. I am 100% certain that he wasnt trying to BS me, he doesnt sell cars to the public, he only deals with large fleet sales. The only reson why i went to him is becuase i was trying to work out a x plan deal, and his son worked for me. It always helps to know some one.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Well aauming you are right I am bummed and excited at the same time. Though the 400 claim was just an estimate I am sure as there are no hard numbers out yet. Even when you look at the spec sheet that gasgasman posted from the dealer. The whole column for the 6.2 is basically empty

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was/am holding out and hoping for the 4 door to replace my 07 King Ranch but Man O Man if they are gonna put a 6.2 with 500 horses in the Raptor and 1 door would suit me fine. Tic Toc

·
Registered
31 Posts
It won't take much to make even the 5.4 push out 500hp.
Contact Aldridege Motorsports in Portland.
And will probably still be under warranty.
www.aldridgemotorsportsinc.com

How much are we talking? Because I was thinking about going this route if the 6.2 ends up only having torque around the 400 range. Plus a turbo could be better on gas, where you only use it when you need it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A friend of mine that works at a Ford dealer is telling me the 6.2 won't be out until this time next year... Is there any literature that suggests it will be out this winter?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The 6.2L Boss should produce quite a bit more torque at a lower RPM than the 5.0L Coyote. I'd wager at least a little more HP as well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'd wager to say that either the 6.2 will be just a shade over 400, say 415ish, with a bit more torque (particularly more down low than the 5.0) or.....the Coyote will actually come in at 385hp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Raptor R is a one-off race truck built for Greg Foutz. the motor is not stock and wont be offered by ford as a package. nothing about that motor is street legal, let alone, would even pass smog.

the raptor R is not a street truck and nothing about it, is comparable to the stock raptor, except for the doors and some pieces of the dash board.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I predicted about a month ago the 6.2 HP rating would be b/t 450 & 500. Hope to see more threads confirming this. Also hope I'm right but could be wrong. WIll know more in the coming months. If 500HP...I'm going to crap myself all the way to the dealer and then drop $$ to get it BUT only if it's the right deal.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It won't take much to make even the 5.4 push out 500hp.
Contact Aldridege Motorsports in Portland.
And will probably still be under warranty.
www.aldridgemotorsportsinc.com

I takes way more than you think! JDM just did a saleen blower on a raptor with tuning, injectors, bigger maf and intake on 8psi it made 380hp on the dyno and my guess is that the package installed was around $9600 way more expensive than the 6.2L option.

to gain 500hp plus on a 5.4L you need to build a forged short block, u could keep the factory heads and cams maybe upgrade the springs then put a whipple 3.4L, fuel system, big injectors, throttle body, maf tuning and about 18psi you would be well over 500hp. then you are have to build the tranny b/c it won't survive long. so all in all look to spend atleast 20k installed.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts