F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read several places that the 6.2 will be delayed for at least a year, if it will come at all.:smiledown: Has anyone heard different? That is way too long for me to wait. Last week i rented an 09 F-150 from Ford with the 5.4 and i was not impressed at all with it`s performance, lots of noise but going nowhere. Will the 5.4 in the Raptor be different than the current 5.4?:confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
That delay is only for the engine to go in other ford products (and in diffrent configrations). The 6.2 will be in the raptor this winter and also a lincoln product and possibly super dutys. At least this is the latest from my sources.
But who really knows,? I wish they would let the potential buyers know soon, myself am not intrested in buying one with the 5.4.
I own the 5.4 already and the next truck I buy will have a 6.2, weather its a BOSS or a Vortec.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope that your source is correct! I saw that you were at that other site where i had read about the 6.2 being delayed. Ford really needs to let us know one way or the other, my 08 F-450 will be paid off in Jan. and i have no plans on keeping it with it`s 7-10mpg.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hope that your source is correct! I saw that you were at that other site where i had read about the 6.2 being delayed. Ford really needs to let us know one way or the other, my 08 F-450 will be paid off in Jan. and i have no plans on keeping it with it`s 7-10mpg.
I hope he is too!
Dont know who to beleave anymore so I will just wait and see. My plans are to buy a new truck in Febuary but I will wait a little longer if the 6.2 is out by spring. If not I will be forced to buy another brand, and thats not easy as I have always been a ford truck guy. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I`m even more confused, just got off the phone with my dealer which happens to be the largest SVT dealer in the country and i explained to them what i had been reading and they told me that they had just gotten an email from Ford saying that ordering information for the 6.2 Raptor will be coming the first week in Aug. They are under the impression that i will be able to order the 6.2 for Dec.-Jan. delivery, I`m thinking it could go the other way and say no delivery or order date for a year. Who knows?!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
So could I order one late November time or does it have to be now? I plan on getting one but I'm not really planning on ordering one till I know that I can financially support it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That`s the million dollar question, several things can be happening, first sales are real slow right now, so until all Raptors with the 5.4 are sold we might not see the 6.2, second there could be teething problems with the 6.2 and it could be shelved again like it was in 05 or the Raptor might only survive one production run because of slow sales.

I say all of this because today during my conversation with my dealer my sales person was really pushing a Raptor with the 5.4 saying that Ford has given them the green light and incentives to do what it takes to sell the Raptors and informed me that this most certainly won`t last long. Once again only Ford management knows about the 6.2.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I`m even more confused, just got off the phone with my dealer which happens to be the largest SVT dealer in the country and i explained to them what i had been reading and they told me that they had just gotten an email from Ford saying that ordering information for the 6.2 Raptor will be coming the first week in Aug. They are under the impression that i will be able to order the 6.2 for Dec.-Jan. delivery, I`m thinking it could go the other way and say no delivery or order date for a year. Who knows?!!

This is the exact information my dealer told me just last night. I stopped by there becasue they are trying to work a deal with me to either buy my present truck from me outright or sale it on consignment for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That`s the million dollar question, several things can be happening, first sales are real slow right now, so until all Raptors with the 5.4 are sold we might not see the 6.2, second there could be teething problems with the 6.2 and it could be shelved again like it was in 05 or the Raptor might only survive one production run because of slow sales.

I say all of this because today during my conversation with my dealer my sales person was really pushing a Raptor with the 5.4 saying that Ford has given them the green light and incentives to do what it takes to sell the Raptors and informed me that this most certainly won`t last long. Once again only Ford management knows about the 6.2.

Problem is that Ford has already put it out to the public that the 6.2 will be available Winter of 2010. It states it clearly on the borchures sitting at the dealerships right now. There will be some heavey pressure by the buying public and the car mags to deliver. It will happen, wait and see there will be 6.2 Raptors on the road by Feburary.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is a post from someone from SVT on another forum that hopefully puts this rumor to rest. The 6.2 is still on time!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just read the same thing and the person claims to work for Ford SVT, so i have my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Do you have 4.88's or 4.30's?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
4.88`s, I bought the truck when they first came out and there were no gearing options then.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yea I've heard some pretty bad MPG come out of the lower geared ones.
Mine averages like 15 but has 3.73's and the 34.5" tall tires.

These Raptors with the 6.2 should be pretty bad arse trucks!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If this is the case i will just order the 5.4, why is Ford keeping it a secret? Let us know one way or the other.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm sure the reason dealers are saying the Raptor may not last long enough to see a 6.2 or that the 6.2 may not come, is simply so they can sell the current 5.4 trucks. Ford and especially the dealers know that if they don't get the trucks with the 5.4 sold before the 6.2 comes out, it will be really hard for them to sell them without cutting the price more than they want to. When it comes to things like this, you can never trust a salesman, because he/she is going to say whatever they think might convince you to buy NOW. They know if you leave the lot without buying, you may not come back to their lot, whether it is because you find a better deal, see something you like better somewhere else, or whatever. It all boils down to the dealer and sales people trying to make money anyway they can, because they do make a living by saling things, and if business is slow like it is right now, they are going to resort to desperate measures.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts