F-150 Raptor Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have just replaced the originals with Melton Orange color on my 6.2L 2010 SVT Raptor and they are awesome
Are the orange valve covers an exact match to the molten orange paint?? Does it make it look like there is to much orange in the engine bay? I'm torn between getting the orange ones or the black ones for my Molten orange supercab...Thanks!

·
Registered
334 Posts
IMO I think the Ford blue looks the best. I also would get some blue silicone hoses at the same time, looks sharp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It went smooth

It went smooth, except for the tow screws on the back. it took some time to get to them (very tight space and you need a long thin arm to reach them)
Be careful with the tow plastic screws in each side that support the electric wires (be patient with them) total time around 3 hours.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Blue or Orange

It does not match the body external Melton Orange it is more of pure orange.
I had both colors (Blue and Orange), frankly the Blue ones has a fading color but the Orange is an eye catcher.
I will paint the (POWERD BY FORD) letters in black and that will give a very beautiful color mach with Orange.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had both colors (Blue and Orange), frankly the Blue ones has a fading color but the Orange is an eye catcher.
I will paint the (POWERD BY FORD) letters in black and that will give a very beautiful color mach with Orange.
Do you think the black valve covers would look nice in the molten orange engine bay?? Think the black would offset all that orange and break it up a little...What do you think??

·
Registered
323 Posts
Aww that sucks :smiledown: I was really hoping the colors would match...I guess I'll have to go with another color. Is it that far off of a difference?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes that sounds like a good idea..........the black ones might be good too .
I'm leaning toward the black valve covers as they would be a good contrast from all the orange in the engine bay... It would be nice to see both installed...If someone can post pics of either and show the whole engine bay not just the covers so we can see the contrast would be great!

·
Registered
325 Posts
just installed the orange ones on my black raptor, pics to come, but dude they look sick!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I still think I would like to do these but also wonder how hard they will be to clean when theyget dirty.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Damn emarcus thats looks sweet good job :smileup:

·
Registered
325 Posts
thanks MJN.... I posted more pics under my entire build post.

·
Registered
325 Posts
just had to add! now that my truck is middle perch you can see the covers better!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Wicked Looking Side Shot

just had to add! now that my truck is middle perch you can see the covers better!
Oh man, Im so getting these :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Looking reeaaaall good emarcus! :smileup: :smiley_thumbs_up:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts