F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the 2010 F150 Ford shop manuals and there are a few repair operations in there. Very limited specs on the 6.2L.

The heads are set up just like the "H word" motor.
Each head has 8 plugs, 4 from the exhaust manifold side and 4 directly into the center of the combustion chamber. The outer plugs have plug wires going to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There isn't a lot of firm information about this engine that I can find, but I think it's going to be a great engine for Ford. From what I've read, in this configuration at least, it's meant to be a truck engine.

We currently have a 2V 5.4 in an F-150 and it's been a great truck engine with lots of torque. Using all variations of the 5.4 as benchmarks, Ford knows customers want...

A) a great truck engine
B) more flexibility, and
C) more "performance" (a tough one because of people's interpretations... see point "A" in this application)

I think the 6.2 will meet all reasonable expectations. Testing of the 6.2 is said to have included 150 hours at 6,000+ RPM and of course development as the Raptor R motor. I have no doubt it will be everything I am expecting and everything they've been letting on... 400HP and 400lbs/ft. maybe just a bit more. Ford has as much engine development experience as anyone and this engine is going to make everyone want to wear those "Powered by Ford" valve covers!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks gasgasman! I was wondering if they were going to have sixteen coils on the thing. I'm guessing that the spark plugs must fire at the exact same time. I don't know if there would be any advantage to having them fire a few milliseconds apart or not.

And now we know we'll be able to get some really cool racing plug wires from an aftermarket vendor!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts