F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard if it's going to be flex fuel like the 5.4 is. My guess that it's not since the 6.2 is suppose to be in Super Duty's and as far as I know the 5.4 in the SD aren't flex fuel.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That`s a good question, i know that testing was done on both versions. Production of the 6.2 motor was to start this week, so someone should know. Any Ford people that know for sure?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I wish that Ford would just come out and say one way or the other, their spokesperson per email told me late 2009 early 2010 just last week, now we are hearing different once again. I need to know what my options are during the next few months, my lease is up in Jan. on my current truck, i can not go 6-8 months without a truck.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6.2l

I asked my dealer today about 6.2L they got ahold of the rep and they said Job 2 order starts in Jan 2010 and that's when it's available and that it's not eligible for x-plan so far. :smiledown:

Trying to figure out to wait for more hp which costs more or go w/ the 5.4. Which I wouldn't doubt part of that $3K is for a gas guzzler tax!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At the dealer today, the order page has the option of 6.2L listed, also it's not a Flex Fuel. Wouldn't price nor order a Raptor yet with the 6.2L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts