F-150 Raptor Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We just need a couple more people to be in for me to start firming up the details.

Anybody else?

Maybe we can spread this post around a little bit to make sure we are getting out to everyone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone checked if the shorties are compatible with Whipple supercharger and tune?
I'm in if they are compatible.

I'll post in that thread.

·
Registered
533 Posts
We just need a couple more people to be in for me to start firming up the details.

Anybody else?

Maybe we can spread this post around a little bit to make sure we are getting out to everyone.
How many do you need? I understood "10". Last count posted from the land of the banned was "13", I one of them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Anyone checked if the shorties are compatible with Whipple supercharger and tune?
I'm in if they are compatible.

I'll post in that thread.
They should work with the Whipple no problem. HOWEVER the tune might need just a little adjustment. Aren't they working on or releasing a header tune for that setup?

-Jason

·
Registered
67 Posts
They should work with the Whipple no problem. HOWEVER the tune might need just a little adjustment. Aren't they working on or releasing a header tune for that setup?

-Jason

Going back through the posts on the Whipple I see where they offer the header tune.

I'm in for sure.

James

·
Registered
277 Posts
I really appreciate your input, Rep points given.

One of our traders here said the same about Shorties (re low to no drone), he has been imploring me to call JBA about this, but as they are not a forum sponsored vendor, I passed.

I would like better gas milage, but my greatest concern herre is greater travel distance during a SHTF scenereo on one tank of gas. My 90 acre bug out location is 400 miles from my house (near a lake in upstate of NY, close to PA and OH - Amish country with the closest nuke plant (Perry 1) more than 90 miles away). Of coarse, having one 5 gallon gas can in the bed will trump a possible 2 MPG increase on my 26 gallon tank...

My concern with drone/noise is based on my young children being able to fall asleep during long road trips. If they can't fall asleep or watch video's, we would be forced to use my wife's car (except in a SHTF scenereo)
FYI If you go for Jet Hot coating the LT header, this will eliminate the Drone.. Giving you the most bang for your buck...Providing your willing to spend an extra 400 bucks....

·
Registered
336 Posts
ill be calling u in the morning i got some questions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Would it be possible to combine the shorty headers with the Lightening style exhaust for the SCab?

I'm in for the headers regardless, but would really like to do both.

PM sent

:smileup:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Would it be possible to combine the shorty headers with the Lightening style exhaust for the SCab?

I'm in for the headers regardless, but would really like to do both.

PM sent

:smileup:
I thought I had responded to this but maybe it was only by PM.

We don't have a side exit exhaust that will work on the Supercab UNLESS YOU ALSO RUN FULL LENGTH HEADERS.

During design, we just didn't have the room to keep the stock cats where they were. Since you don't have to worry about mass producing the exhausts, you could probably have an exhaust shop make something up that will work though.

-Jason

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just three so far.

We are working on getting this advertised in a few more places!

Kinda surprising that in a group of eight people, that signed that they were interested, who can afford a 50k dollar truck, and have had over a month, there are only three deposits of $125.00.:wow:WTF

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Kinda surprising that in a group of eight people, that signed that they were interested, who can afford a 50k dollar truck, and have had over a month, there are only three deposits of $125.00.:wow:WTF
Fingers crossed we make this happen. We have joined another forum for some more exposure too.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts