F-150 Raptor Forums banner

6.2L Shorty Headers

24K views 52 replies 21 participants last post by  MTFrobin 
#1 · (Edited)
It seems like a lot of people are interested in a set of Stainless Steel Shorty headers for their 6.2L Raptor. In fact, we have been asked by a couple customers to make them up specially for their trucks.

Stainless Works can build you anything!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkVaihQAW60

NEGATIVES OF SHORTY HEADERS

1. Less power than a full length long tube header system with high flow cats

BENEFITS OF SHORTY HEADERS

1. Less Expensive than a long tube header (HALF THE PRICE)

2. Reuse your stock cats so you should not need any updated tune (still would be beneficial)

3. Pass Echeck in every state

4. Should be easier to install. (long tubes on the Raptor are a 8-10 hour job)

5. Attach to any manufacturer's catback (though I don't see that as a benefit :Na_Na_Na_Na:)

6. As with all Stainless Works products, these will be 304L Stainless Steel (basically cannot rust) and come with a lifetime warranty

Depending on your goals and requirements, Shorty headers might be the way to go for you.

We do not have any R&D done on these headers as of yet, but have seen the interest. Having installed so many sets of long tubes, we are familiar with the truck and are estimating a price of $700-$750 per set. Coating would be available at an added cost of $350.

For reference, long tubes come in at $1490 for factory connection and $1590 for an X pipe to connect to a full dual exhaust. Add $450 for coating. SHORTIES ARE ABOUT HALF THE PRICE OF LONG TUBES

Stainless Works really doesn't make many shorty headers. With that in mind, this isn't a product we would normally bring to market unless we knew the demand was there. Therefore, we are asking for 10 committed buyers before taking this to the R&D step. We are only asking for a $125 deposit per person. Once we hit 10 people, we should have a product for you within 4-6 weeks. Don't forget, these will fit more than just the Raptor and should work for the other 6.2L trucks as well.

We did this same 10 person group purchase with the Lightning-Style exhaust on the SCAB and actually had it finished in 2-3 weeks. Those guys are just getting things installed now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSN9qL2Lyks&hd=1

-Jason

See less See more
#28 ·
I really appreciate your input, Rep points given.

One of our traders here said the same about Shorties (re low to no drone), he has been imploring me to call JBA about this, but as they are not a forum sponsored vendor, I passed.

I would like better gas milage, but my greatest concern herre is greater travel distance during a SHTF scenereo on one tank of gas. My 90 acre bug out location is 400 miles from my house (near a lake in upstate of NY, close to PA and OH - Amish country with the closest nuke plant (Perry 1) more than 90 miles away). Of coarse, having one 5 gallon gas can in the bed will trump a possible 2 MPG increase on my 26 gallon tank...

My concern with drone/noise is based on my young children being able to fall asleep during long road trips. If they can't fall asleep or watch video's, we would be forced to use my wife's car (except in a SHTF scenereo)
FYI If you go for Jet Hot coating the LT header, this will eliminate the Drone.. Giving you the most bang for your buck...Providing your willing to spend an extra 400 bucks....

#36 ·
Would it be possible to combine the shorty headers with the Lightening style exhaust for the SCab?

I'm in for the headers regardless, but would really like to do both.

PM sent

:smileup:
I thought I had responded to this but maybe it was only by PM.

We don't have a side exit exhaust that will work on the Supercab UNLESS YOU ALSO RUN FULL LENGTH HEADERS.

During design, we just didn't have the room to keep the stock cats where they were. Since you don't have to worry about mass producing the exhausts, you could probably have an exhaust shop make something up that will work though.

-Jason

#37 ·
Just three so far.

We are working on getting this advertised in a few more places!

Kinda surprising that in a group of eight people, that signed that they were interested, who can afford a 50k dollar truck, and have had over a month, there are only three deposits of $125.00.:wow:WTF

#45 ·
Wow, assumed you would have had 10 deposits very easily for these?!

I'm ordering a '13 and was hoping to add the SW short tubes as soon as I took delivery... I still have a feeling I wasn't the only one expecting to purchase these!

Perhaps you can try again in a few months?

#50 ·
Hmmmm I thought they did but maybe they didn't. I'd have to check with my accountant too lol I'd still rather the headers than the money whether they did or didn't take it. I wonder what the cost would be with only four or five presold.

#51 ·
Bump this. Me and a few other guys are interested in these. Would anyone here be willing to commit to buying some of these? SW is nice enough to guage interest in this again, and we've got a feeler thread going at another forum too.

If you are interested in shorty headers and can commit....post up. Thanks fellas

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.