F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2010 6.2 raptor this year obviously with the 6-speed automatic transmission. I am new to Ford altogether so I am not sure if the weird shifting I experience is normal or not...
(Almost) every time I accelerate a little more aggressively or floor it, instead of shifting directly down to the required grear, the transmission does two downshifts in increments.
This is the first time I experience this with an automatic, and kinda bugs me as it takes so much time before I start accelerating..
The shifts are not hard, seen to be all normal except for the issue above.
Any advice, fellow owners?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So as an example, when I'm driving in 6th gear at let's say 50mph, and I floor it, it shifts to 4th, then 3rd to accelerate?
This is just a guess of course as I don't see the indication of the current gear ever, but I can count the upshifts, so 6th and 3rd is for sure, but there is an extra gear in between, which I'm guessing is 4th..(?)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just press the manual shift button on the side of the shifter, then you’ll see the gear display on the instrument cluster, you can see what gear its in

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, I feel like an idiot now 😅 Thank you very much for the advice and your patience. I told you I'm unfamiliar with Ford :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
You can make it shift anyway you want with a good tune.
I did my own with hp tuners. Got it exactly how I want it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts