About To Get Rid Of Her...

Discussion in '2013 Ford Raptor Forum' started by Tommy34, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Tommy34

Tommy34 New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    2013 Raptor SCREW
    Oxford White
    GEN1 6.2L
    I have had my 2013 SCREW for almost two years now and have loved the thing. Up until yesterday. I have never had a car act so weird on me and I am highly highly considering replacing my beloved raptor today.

I left work yesterday and got on the freeway, I made it about 1 mile and suddenly the engine lost power at about 80mph. It felt as if the truck had run out of gas even though I still had 1/4 of a tank. I pulled to the side of the road and popped the hood. No visible issues or strange smells. Hopped back into the truck to try and fire it back up. I turn the key and it starts to crank but no fire. When I let go of the key, the truck continues to crank until I turn the key off. Figure I should try to put gas into the truck, maybe the gauge was reading wrong. Add 5gallons of gas, try to start truck. Now it will try to fire but stumble on itself and still will not fire up.

I read some various forum posts and see that a common crank/no fire issue is fuse 27. Check said fuse and see no issues.

I turn the key off and now the sync screen is flickering, the gauges are all flicking their needles, and the drivers seat and the steering wheel are moving all around.

I call my friend from work to come flat tow me back, get the truck in motion and about half way back (maybe .7 miles) the truck stars freaking out saying service stabilitrac, service brake system. The sync system shuts off and now I have no gauge lights or anything. I can’t roll up my windows, basically no electrical power.

I have to jump the battery (which was perfectly fine 30 min ago) just to get my window rolled up. Figure I’ll try to start the truck, maybe it was a voltage issue. Same thing, tries to start but stumbles all over itself.

Needless to say, I am thoroughly disappointed with what has happened. For a 5 year old $50,000 truck I expected a lot more. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Otherwise I am taking it to a dealership, trading it in and cutting my losses.