F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what my best option is? Topper Tonno cover or what? Would like to get a topper ASAP but keep it off most of the time.

Bed liner or spray on liner?

Anything else come to mind?

Fred

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am wondering what my best option is? Topper Tonno cover or what? Would like to get a topper ASAP but keep it off most of the time.

Bed liner or spray on liner?

Anything else come to mind?

Fred
I have always used the pace edwards electric cover. That way it is out of the way when you need it to be. I am definitely putting a spray in bed liner in mine. I will also be tinting the windows, and the Ford Racing light bar with 4 7" HID lights.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It does not come with any sort of bed liner.

I am wanting to get a drop in because I hate the idea of a spray in liner. The drop in can be removed if I want, can be replaced easily if damaged, plus it matches the tailgate perfectly and it even costs less than a spray in.

I hate hard tonneau covers cause you cant take them off if you need to when you're 100 miles from home, you have to plan way ahead or just not use the bed. I'm thinking about the soft cover from Ford racing since it says "no velcro" and "quickly removed" - not sure what that means though.

I plan to get:
soft tonneau cover
bed liner
tint windows
window vent shades (in channel slim ones)
maybe a winch
maybe fog lights

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to get it lifted after I ball out the all terrains like 4 inches. Throw some supper swapper 37" TSL's on it and use this truck for straight muddin. 18" Mammouth Matte black rims. A winch would be nice to have internally and then the fog lights off course with darkest tint I can find. Definitely one of those plastic bedliners not spray in. I have that now and everything I put int he back of my truck turns black. F**K Rhino liner. Prolly subs under the seat and a black diamond plate tool box.

·
Registered
242 Posts
WOW! first Ive ever heard of someone doggin Rhino liners! Of course, u r entitled to ur own opinion, but I have a grey one (or faded black, lol) in my 04 f150 and nothing ever turns black or grey. I love the freakin thing and its the first thing (besides tint) that im doing to the truck. BTW, in HBG, PA $450 is the going rate for a 5.5' box to be sprayed

·
Registered
802 Posts
I use Line-X in my vehicles as it is a bit more rugged than RL. The ONLY thing that is better about a drop in liner is that you can remove them.

The downsides are that they scratch up your bed anyways, water gets trapped underneath them, they are cheesy, and can easily be damaged. Line-X is pretty damn hard to damage.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have read that drop ins trap moisture between themselves and the bed... proning to Rust. I have also heard Line-X praised by truck drivers of all makes, and Rhino not so much.

I will be going with Line-X myself in the near future

·
Registered
121 Posts
I highly recommend covering the bed regardless of what product you use. Bedbug, drop in, or spray on.... all are going to protect better than leaving it bare.

I've never used Bedbug but some swear buy it if you are going to use a bedcover, cab topper,etc...

drop ins a great because if they eventually fade bad or crack they can be replaced pretty easy, but I have seen a few removed and the bed of the pickups have looked pretty bad with moisture damage, etc....

I highly recommend Line-X spray on.... Thats what I have in black on my orange raptor. I like it because my bed is protected really well, I haven't had any issues with my stuff turning black or being scratched up, however it is a rough surface so I have kept that in mind when putting stuff back there.

I have heard that the Rhino lining does not hold up as well as the Line-X but I have no first had knowledge of that being true.... I can say that the Line-X is a winner in my book though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered my Blue flame and dealer mentioned a wired rust protector that reverses metal polarity therefore decreasing chance of rust starting. My question is Scam or good thing. I'm also checking out spray vs drop in and look forward to all of your comments. Had drop in in my '04 Lariat s/c and soft tonneau cover both were adequate

·
Registered
121 Posts
Id say scam.... protecting the paint will protect the vehicle from rust. I have a feeling what they want todo is like spraying resolve on he carpet and calling it pet proof.

I know I didn't get offered anything like that.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I'll bet you got offered that when you were in the last "phase" of your purchase sitting in the finance guy's office.

Anti-rust solutions have improved over the years and that one could be legit but the painting processes have also improved. Unless you live in a place where rock salt is sprayed on roads like it's snow then I wouldn't even consider it. And if you're interested I recommend you investigate it after your purchase rather than in the finance guy's office.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just ordered my Blue flame and dealer mentioned a wired rust protector that reverses metal polarity therefore decreasing chance of rust starting. My question is Scam or good thing. I'm also checking out spray vs drop in and look forward to all of your comments. Had drop in in my '04 Lariat s/c and soft tonneau cover both were adequate
Maybe he's talking about a sacrificial alloy that offers cathodic protection. Those have been used on ships since the 1800's to prevent corrosion. Basically it's a piece of metal like zinc that creates a galvanic couple with the steel and prevents the steel from corroding. But I'm pretty sure that's pointless when you have a 12V system grounded to the frame. The only time it would offer protection to your vechicle is if the battery is unhooked. That's probably why they aren't commonplace on cars.

A protective coating is a much better route

1 - 15 of 15 Posts