F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help.

Been a Jeeper for some time and have been wanting to switch to a Raptor. Been saving for a while with plans to purchase a 2018 in near future.

I have been checking out forum for a while and it seems that many are having problems with 2017 especially transmission/transfer case. But also with other smaller issues.

For me reliability is a big deal especially if off the beaten path and especially when considering cost.

Also seems like many feel that Ford customer service sucks.

Am I reading too much into this.

Is it just growing pains with a new product line that will likely be corrected by 2018 or a fundamental design problem with cheaply built vehicle.

Would you guys buy one again.

Look forward to more experienced advice and suggestions, Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Need some help.

Been a Jeeper for some time and have been wanting to switch to a Raptor. Been saving for a while with plans to purchase a 2018 in near future.

I have been checking out forum for a while and it seems that many are having problems with 2017 especially transmission/transfer case. But also with other smaller issues.

For me reliability is a big deal especially if off the beaten path and especially when considering cost.

Also seems like many feel that Ford customer service sucks.

Am I reading too much into this.

Is it just growing pains with a new product line that will likely be corrected by 2018 or a fundamental design problem with cheaply built vehicle.

Would you guys buy one again.

Look forward to more experienced advice and suggestions, Thanks.
I mean this in the most nicest way possible; absolutely no disrespect intended! I am not sure how to respond to your question and it appears well over 200 others have the same issue. To me its 90% insult; 5% is he for real; and 5% he is just another Chrysler buff on a Ford forum looking for someone to dog out because they are into Ford. Clearly, the last one is highly laughable to me otherwise I would be like the others and not respond! The second is because I have been waiting and researching this vehicle since I ordered it and have not seen any major issues that would concern me! Why you would join this forum when you haven't even ordered one yet???? Confusion leads to the 90%! I suggest you stay with Chrysler products, the Raptor is no Jeep! People on this forum appear to be extremely proud of the product they have, suggesting its not a worthy purchase is not gonna be well taken! You should have read some of the forums so you could see what I saw and surely you would be able to obtain your answer that way! However, I will answer your question about Ford service! Its just like any other dealership, they fix the problem not the cause! As far as growing pains, don't all fresh out the gate vehicles have them (well maybe not Shelby)? Would people buy one again? Read the forums, I found a few people who have purchased many of them. One of the guys on this forum has purchased 9 of them! Cheaply built should not be a problem for you; you should be use to that with Chrysler! Don't forget, Ford is the one and only of the big three that did not take a government bailout! Ford has not sold over half its shares to a foreign auto maker just to keep their nose above water! Make no mistake, Ford performance does not fit in the peg hole of cheaply built! Thank you for your time and please have a great day!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry you took my post that way. Perhaps I didn't phrase it well. No disrespect or insult intended. I simply was looking for advice. There are many posts on this forum that discuss various issues that people have had with there trucks. Does not mean they are bad, no vehicle is perfect. Is a new line and was trying to get a feel for how it stacks up against older models. In my past have owned chrysler, ford, and chevy some good and some bad. I have no doubt Raptors are awesome and will likely get one in the future. no disrespect intended.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
One of the guys on this forum has purchased 9 of them! Cheaply built should not be a problem for you; you should be use to that with Chrysler! Don't forget, Ford is the one and only of the big three that did not take a government bailout! Ford has not sold over half its shares to a foreign auto maker just to keep their nose above water! Make no mistake, Ford performance does not fit in the peg hole of cheaply built! Thank you for your time and please have a great day!
Guilty as charged ! lmfao :D
The '18 Raptor I ordered back in May will be my ninth !

Ford as a whole does have it day's ,day's ya just wanna say WTF Ford you Bastards , but that's why God invented Zanax !
Bleeding Ford Blue now ..........

Reactions: CAM

·
Registered
108 Posts
FYI! I was told that ford was changing the model in 2018 so get ready for all new issues. As for the 5.0, you can't get it unless you get the king ranch, platinum or limited. Its not worth the cost. Looks like they dumped a crap V8 in those models to steer people to the TT V6. Its a weak motor for what it could really be. If not for the Raptor, I would most likely buy a 4x4 F250 and call it a day! I am not impressed with any of the other F150s. I have my Lightning for speed with 0-60 in just under 4 seconds, which will easily smoke the Raptor! Just no go for the off road! My truck is supposed to be here and ready for pickup today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
108 Posts
But where is the 5.0 V8 already, come-on Ford, let us V8 people have the choice.
Its in the KR, Platinum and Limited. But its weak! They just threw it in and called it a day! It makes the V6 look like the best option. But, we all know there is no substitute for cubic inches.

·
Registered
108 Posts
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD !!!!!!!!!!.
INDEED! If not for the Raptor I would be very torn and most likely be forced to go else where. However, much research would have to be done before I made that decision! I just got my Raptor today! My first impression is that it is very much worth every penny I spent! What an amazing ride!

·
Registered
108 Posts
You will love it!
!00% correct! What an amazing toy! Almost a week and still learning new things about it! Such a joy, have not had this kind of feeling about any vehicle since I got my Lightning in 2003. AMAZING! Laughed at a Toyota 4x4 this morning when it spun out on wet roads while I ripped it around the corner and left him in the dust thanks to weather mode! SOOO FUNNY! Junk rice burners!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got 9k miles on my Gen 2 and have had a Gen1 also. All I have to say is I LOVE my gen2! I loved my Gen 1 when I had it can't not say 1 negative thing but do not regret my Gen 2 at all, I love it and have to say it's one of my favorite vehicles I've ever owned.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Got 9k miles on my Gen 2 and have had a Gen1 also. All I have to say is I LOVE my gen2! I loved my Gen 1 when I had it can't not say 1 negative thing but do not regret my Gen 2 at all, I love it and have to say it's one of my favorite vehicles I've ever owned.
I feel the same way about my Gen 2... and there is so much to love about it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts