F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people plan on getting new wheels and/or tires for their raptor?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have a set of pro comp 20" knight khrome rims on my present fx4 so I just plan to put those on just gonna get a set of 35" tires for them.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I want to find a wheel that looks like the kmc assault. I really like the baja ring look. So if anyone knows of something let me know. Preferably black.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have my 20" xd rockstars off my other F150. i am going to get a set of 35" micky thompson mtz's.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I had 20" rockstars on my old f150 too. I think I am gonna stick with 17" have less of a pavement queen look. I had 37s on mine and any less tire would have been too small a tire in my opinion.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
20's are just for show when i drive around town. im not going to go offroad all the time but when i do, im gonna put my stock rims back on.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a set of 22s off my 04 f150 and i have a friend who will powdercoat them black for me, but 35" tires on a 22" rim is a 55 series tire and thats not meaty enough for me. When we find out if 37" tires will work, Ill make my move

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like them too but if you scratch them up going offroading, thats all your going to have. thats why im putting my old rims on.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thinking about these wheels with some 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my black Raptor??? Any Suggestions???

·
Banned
0 Posts
Common sense says big wheels are for the street not for offroad.

Larger than stock wheels mean more weight (more unsprung weight which is the enemy of performance cars and trucks) and shorter sidewalls which makes for a much firmer/harsher offroad ride.

I'll leave the big wheels to the street riders. I bought this truck for the dirt :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, I understand that. But most of my driving will be in town or on the highway. I will be keeping my stock wheels for times when I do take it offroad.

·
Registered
797 Posts
100% I guess if you were swapping the wheels it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

Common sense says big wheels are for the street not for offroad.

Larger than stock wheels mean more weight (more unsprung weight which is the enemy of performance cars and trucks) and shorter sidewalls which makes for a much firmer/harsher offroad ride.

I'll leave the big wheels to the street riders. I bought this truck for the dirt :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Banned
0 Posts
100% I guess if you were swapping the wheels it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

Even if you're changing out the stock Raptor 17" wheels with other 17" wheels, you would be wise to check on the weight of the stock wheels and the new replacement wheels. Many wheel buyers want to know this information before they buy (they want to know if they're adding unsprung weight, keeping it the same or reducing unsprung weight).

Note: we do need to find out what the stock Raptor wheel weighs. And we need to know what the stock wheel and tire weighs so we have that information for those considering new wheels.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'll be sticking with the stock setup until the tires are gone...then I'll just get a different tire. I am not a huge BFG fan when it comes to deep loose sand found on our beaches.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts