F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen nothing regarding interior ambient lighting that seems to be so prevelent in recent vechicles, GM Camaro & Lincoln Mercurys etc. I've only seen the truck in the daylight. What's the lighting in the cab like at night?

I would really like to have the towing mirrors I've only recently seen on F150s. So far I'm told that they are not a option on the SVT RAPTOR. Am I the only one and does anyone think that they would bolt right up?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would really like to have the towing mirrors I've only recently seen on F150s. So far I'm told that they are not a option on the SVT RAPTOR. Am I the only one and does anyone think that they would bolt right up?
They do bolt right up. I bought a pair I was going to install. But it just didn't look right when I held them up to the Raptor. Those things are massive, I think they're bigger than the ones that were on my 05 F250.

You can get them on the Raptor when if you order it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ambient lighting is available on the new Mustangs, Scions and I'm sure a lot of other vehicles.

However I have not seen ambient light in my Raptor, only in my wife's Mustang.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ambient Lighting is available on the F150 Harley Davidson truck. Seven different colors. It is a cool idea. I would have liked to see the Orange ambient lights inside the Raptor with the Black and Orange interior. Blue inside the Blue Raptor and so on.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Ambient Lighting is available on the F150 Harley Davidson truck. Seven different colors. It is a cool idea. I would have liked to see the Orange ambient lights inside the Raptor with the Black and Orange interior. Blue inside the Blue Raptor and so on.
I saw on another forum where a guy had posted pics of his new HD truck with the ambient lighting, looked really sharp. I wonder what it would take to put it in the Raptor.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They do bolt right up. I bought a pair I was going to install. But it just didn't look right when I held them up to the Raptor. Those things are massive, I think they're bigger than the ones that were on my 05 F250.

You can get them on the Raptor when if you order it.
I asked about them when I ordered my RAPTOR last week and was told that the towing mirrors are not a option by two different dealerships. You wouldn't happen to know what the option # was/is would you?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I asked about them when I ordered my RAPTOR last week and was told that the towing mirrors are not a option by two different dealerships. You wouldn't happen to know what the option # was/is would you?
I never tried to order them. But on Ford's website, if you build a Raptor, it lets you have the tow mirrors. Actually it defaults to them. Maybe you can't really order them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never tried to order them. But on Ford's website, if you build a Raptor, it lets you have the tow mirrors. Actually it defaults to them. Maybe you can't really order them?
THANKS for the information, I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The ambient lighting is available on the 2010 F150's as a dealer option. You can by the kit and do it your self or add $$'s for install. (Ford web site lists kit at $245.70 and $110.00 for installation)

Description of kit: Interior lighting sets an engaging glow by adding flair, individuality and atmosphere to your vehicle, whenever the mood strikes. Kit includes one LED-generated light in the cupholder area and a light bar in the front foot wells. Set your mood by scrolling through your choice of seven color options to create the perfect setting and ambiance for any driving occasion.

Link: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=F-150~2010~8L8Z_13E700_AA

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The ambient lighting is available on the 2010 F150's as a dealer option. You can by the kit and do it your self or add $$'s for install. (Ford web site lists kit at $245.70 and $110.00 for installation)

Description of kit: Interior lighting sets an engaging glow by adding flair, individuality and atmosphere to your vehicle, whenever the mood strikes. Kit includes one LED-generated light in the cupholder area and a light bar in the front foot wells. Set your mood by scrolling through your choice of seven color options to create the perfect setting and ambiance for any driving occasion.

Link: [url]http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=F-150~2010~8L8Z_13E700_AA[/URL]
Sweet, thanks for the link:smileup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Link: [URL="http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=F-150~2010~8L8Z_13E700_AA"][url]http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=F-150~2010~8L8Z_13E700_AA[/URL][/URL]
EXCELLENT!!!! Thanks so much for the info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts