F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattle when I go over bumps or a little roughness in the road. I know some say this is the shocks and is normal but there is nothing normal about a brand new truck rattling like a bucket. Does anyone have this problem and a solution?

·
Banned
534 Posts
Are you sure it's in the front? I had an annoying rattle but it was definitely in the rear of the vehicle and was the vibration damper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its defiantly coming from the front. Hard to tell if its the right or left front, but front for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same complaint. 900 miles and it has done it since new. Took it to the dealer and they agreed something is amiss in the front end. I told them that while the truck is setting level I got underneath and the passengers side tie rod was loose? The dealer forund that but the rattle was still there...They kept it for 24hrs and could not anything else? They said they have to call the hotline......Well the hotline must be busy as that was two and a half weeks ago, still no answer. I have lifted the front end at the house and tried to trouble shoot myself and the only issue thus far is the CV joints rattle on the outboard end on both driver and passenger sides at the point where they meet the hub/spindle assembly? Any ideas??

·
Registered
277 Posts
I bought mine in August and and had rattly front end since day One. I have 3500 miles and its getting loader, Very concerned ! Talked with Ford They don't seem to be to concerned .
I Not Impressed !!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had a rattle in front first couple of days. Found a peace of steel about 14" long with a u shape hook on one end and 3" 90 degree bend on the other end. It was slid inside the right shock spring on the back side. Didn't see it the first time I looked. Have no idea what it was doing stuck there but removed it and rattle was gone.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Maybe something used at the factory during install... like carrier for the shock assembly? Can anyone with a rattle in the front end check and see if they also have something similiar?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the same front rattle, yes i believe it is the shock thinking of paying to have it replaced at least the right side, the muffled clunk comes from that side

·
Registered
128 Posts
Had a rattle in front first couple of days. Found a peace of steel about 14" long with a u shape hook on one end and 3" 90 degree bend on the other end. It was slid inside the right shock spring on the back side. Didn't see it the first time I looked. Have no idea what it was doing stuck there but removed it and rattle was gone.
any pics of this? I have a few rattles and clanks coming from my truck. Doesnt bother me too much. One day I'll get under it and narrow it down. With as hard as I beat on the thing, I cant be too mad if it has it's days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes Please! I have that rattle too when I go over bumps a little bit over speed in the city. It's the sound of a hammer hitting my front end and it really drives me crazy.
If anyone can come out with a solution or explanation it would be great, and with pictures....
Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
On mine the faster you go the less you notice it, that is why i think it is the fox triple bypass shocks. again my buddys raptor does it a lot less noticeable.
although i am not 100% sure it could still be the right upper or lower arm bushings maybe the right side motor mount? i don't know?, right axle?, right tie rod?
It makes no difference if the brakes are applied or not.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a good one....had a slight rattle...nothing annoying but went under the truck and the 2 rear bolts for the skid plate were hand tight. They had never been tightend from the factory because the loktite was still in tact. Wrenched them up and it appears quieter. So...that and the sandwich in my engine compartment were my only bugs so far.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Clunk in front end

I have had my Raptor since Jan 2010 and obviously when I got it was cold outside. I had the noise that most here are experiencing but as the weather warmed, mine subsided. Now that the weather is starting to get colder again, the noise has reappeared. Not really loud like some but I think that mine has to do with the temp change with the seasons and the fluid that the shocks contain. IMO anyway. Have seen some threads here dealing with this and the dealer who sold me the truck has inspected it and found nothing. They said the theory that I have may be correct. Food for thought.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mines loud too but its the exact same noise the Fox by-pass shocks on my buggy make. I honestly think the noise is coming from the shocks, especially when the truck is cold and the shock oil is thick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just over one thousand miles on mine and I notice a dull knock coming from the front end. Definitely in the suspension. I think it's the right side. I have been under it and everything is tight. This truck feels very light in the front end but i think that is just me. My other ride is a Dodge Ram with a Cummings up front and that is a lot of weight.

1 - 20 of 365 Posts