F-150 Raptor Forums banner

341 - 360 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also, keep in mind not every raptor has this issue, actually most do not.
I have a buddy with a raptor that now has over 40,000 miles and i have drove his truck serval times and his raptor does not and has never done this.
Mine had this issue when new and then at 3000 miles i had the two front shocks replaced and the problem is gone.
you could feel it in the gas pedal and hear it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Time for me to give my $.02. This aint my first HP 4X4!! I have over 11k on the clock and I get "shock" noise from all four corners at any given time depending on road-off road conditions. Had mid perch done at dealership with 2 miles on the clock. Had the "noise" from day one!! I "use" my beast to the fullest extent. The Raptor is not a Platinum or Harley edition stock F150, it is an SVT built for OFF ROAD. This truck will handle, sound, look and last differently than any "stocker" from FOMOCO. I don't think it's right to expect this type of truck to be as smooth and quiet as a "KR". REALLY, for those of you that bought this truck because you wanted a "cool" pavement princess, please accept the fact that the pavement is not it's intended use and you will probably have unusual sounds and "bumps" throughout the life of your Raptor. IMO!!!! :kap:
Its good that everyone has different opinions on this forum, which is why this a great place to exchange information and sometimes we get into heated exchanges. However, with posts like yours, you are assuming that everyone who has reported this issue is being too picky about their truck and acting like a bunch of pavement princesses who should have bought a Cadillac. To be fair, the truck was smooth as butter when I bought mine. The problem 'developed' and 'got worse!'.

This forum thread was intended to serve those who are experiencing a particular symptom - an outright "rattle" that can be felt in the truck when driving. Most of us, who truly have this symptom all agree, that its unlikely we would have purchased a raptor if this noise was present when we took delivery. It feels like your wheel's lug nuts are loose and your wheel is bouncing between the lug threads over bumps. (thats what it feels like and sounds like - though its nothing to do with the wheel) This isn't a thread about Raptor owners complaining about small nuances that annoy us about the raptor, but a legit complaint about something being loose, and possible damaged. If you say you have this noise, from mile 2 on your $50k+ Raptor and choose to ignore it, that's entirely your call.

I've been one of the lucky ones to have my situation resolved by the dealer, and agreed with me that I had a faulty set of front shocks. They were replaced with new ones, and I no longer have the noise. My effort was to explain my situation to those on this forum, to share information that could benefit others in some way and to learn others perspectives.

We all know what the Raptor is intended for, and that's why most of us purchased this truck. I hope you don't ever have this problem with your truck, for if you do, you would likely refer to this thread for help and information.

my $.02 :box2:

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have this issue on my 2014, my 2011 didn't have it...been since i picked up the 14 w/ 12 miles, now over 300 miles...definitely from the front shocks, noisy, sounds like somethings wrong...but i also have a problem in the rear w noise...feels looser than my 11

·
Registered
369 Posts
drove w/ the service manager yesterday (344 miles on the odo) who immediately heard it...he's gonna drive the master techs monday and look at it

more to follow...the leak isn't radiator, looks like ac system

·
Registered
2 Posts
Raptor rattle

Ok I am new the sight, but this is the reason I joined. I have had the same rattle since new and I thought all along it was my hitch rattling. I removed it and it was still there. I climbed under and inspected everything and have found that it is the CV shaft on passenger side. This shaft is longer then the shaft on the drivers side. I understand play in a drive line, but this is not correct. Please try move yours up and down to see if it is the same. I have 10k on mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've had both shocks replaced,new lower a arms put and and a upper shock mount.
It was quiet for about 3000 miles.
It's worse than ever and sounds and feels like it has 350000 miles on it.
My truck has 36000 miles on it and I fought Ford forever to get that done.
The answer is the lower shock mount is fluttering on bottom bolt,some shocks fit tighter than others.
Mine sucks ass and its embarrassing when somebody rides with me.
They always ask,what's that noise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not convinced that there might be more then one problem here. One other thing I discovered from my quest to find the noise is the step ladder in tailgate. It does rattle as well, but my noise is more solid sounding like shaft bumping up and down in housing. Will you folks grab the pass side drive shaft and shake up and down to see if you have a lot of play? Thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've had both shocks replaced,new lower a arms put and and a upper shock mount.
It was quiet for about 3000 miles.
It's worse than ever and sounds and feels like it has 350000 miles on it.
My truck has 36000 miles on it and I fought Ford forever to get that done.
The answer is the lower shock mount is fluttering on bottom bolt,some shocks fit tighter than others.
Mine sucks ass and its embarrassing when somebody rides with me.
They always ask,what's that noise?
Here is just a suggestion, Remove each sway bar link and inspect for loose joint , I found several Raptors that have had defective transfer links .Mine was defective from day one.
I went through the same thing and I ended up with Icons and i'm glade I changed!!
But I still had a clunk. I replaced the links and my truck is so smooth and totally sound free !!!
Hope this help.
Good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here is one for you all, I also have been looking for the phantom noise. Recently while changing oil I hit with the palm of my hand the inner cv joint on both the left and right half shafts and by doing so I got a rattle (clunk) as if there is rattling, interfering or loose inside the housing. Is that normal?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the blue bolts replaced and the sway bar links replaced. In addition I had the right lower control arm replaced. Still got the noise. Back several pages are photos of the blue bolts which were replaced with longer shanked bolts. Might stir some grey matter in someone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 250 miles on my 2014 Raptor and also have this irritating rattle in the front end typically under 30mph, i had battled sway bar bushings in my 03 superduty pretty much every 3 months needing to change them out so thought i was in for that agian, reading all of these posts about this "rattle" makes me wonder what the next step for me is?? I was sort of just putting it off as the manual says these triple buy pass shocks wil make some noise, guess i'll bring it to the dealer so they can tell me the same thing!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2104 Raptor, first 4000 miles suspension was solid a s a rock. After first service, had tires rotated, and front end clunk started. Just brought it in for second service and asked dealer to check this clunk. They came back with some BS letter from Ford saying this is normal. Now the noise is in front and rear and worse than ever. Sounds like the whole chasis is falling apart. Don't know what is going on but only an idiot would say this is normal! and only a bigger idiot would believe it. Now I am pissed!!! This ain't over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the same BS........ Hands are tied..... Mine has been in several times, only together a letter from Ford saying that this is to be expected. I have been a car guy for years...... I know what's. Acceptable..... This is not

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have it as well. DRIVES ME CRAZY. No way a truck like this should sound/feel like this. Not going to give up complaining till a fix of some sort comes along.

Worst part is always telling your passenger that this loud thunking is "normal" - then getting the "you paid how much for this special truck" look.
I know exactly how you feel.

341 - 360 of 366 Posts