F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, i am in B.C. Canada. Wanna read more info before i trade my Honda Ridgeline to Raptor. Correct me if i am wrong, I don't think we have them here in B.C. yet.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Im in Red Deer, AB my raptor should be here in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah we have them in bc, Already about 6 are on the road i believe. What are you worried about going from a ridgeline to raptor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah we have them in bc, Already about 6 are on the road i believe. What are you worried about going from a ridgeline to raptor?

Well, I feel way under power with my Ridgeline compare to other trucks. But again I'd like to see how the 6.2 engine perform when it comes out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Forgot to answer your question!! Worried about the gas mileage though. Do you know any dealers in B.C. have them in stock for test drive? Would I be able to get a deal instead of paying tag price? Thanks!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Forgot to answer your question!! Worried about the gas mileage though. Do you know any dealers in B.C. have them in stock for test drive? Would I be able to get a deal instead of paying tag price? Thanks!!

Just do what I am going to do and buy one from the US. I have a dealer lined up in Montana that I will order one from as soon as the 6.2 order banks open up. Even if if you pay sticker, you will still save 10 grand vs. buying it here. The way the dollar has been going lately (except for the drop this week), we are going to be at par by the end of the year. I imported a GT500 in 2008, and it was extremely easy and there are no warranty issues with Ford Canada on a US vehicle either.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Take off, Eh?
Hoser.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm in Regina Saskatchewan. Have had my Raptor since Sept 29th. It's an awesome truck.
Wow how did you get yours so quick?? You must have had one of the first ones in western Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you get the Raptor in any Ford dealership or you have to get it in a SVT dealer like it is here in Quebec ?

I will also buy mine in the states , I went to the closest SVT dealer ( 1h30 away ) and they start at 51 000$ .. ridiculous.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm In Toronto and Just picked mine up..Love it there at least 2 more out there that the deal was able tell from his computer. Toronto not ready for this Truck. People here not shy about looking and stopping you to ask what the ____ is that??

I live this truck!!!!Awesome

Al

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got the 1st one in BC i beleive, not 100% but i got it September 08, 2009 ! Blue Flame & from the Brown Bros Ford dealership, Marine drive in Vancouver, BC

quite the story actually, i went to go place a factory order for one of these (Blue Flame, with the 5.4L & Luxery Package) No decal & no Sunroof, and as the guy helpin' me was writing up the factory order someone in the same room said that that exact truck was gonna be there within the week. So long story short i got my name on the 1st SVT Raptor to hit Vancouver a mere few days before it got here !!! & i ended up not having to wait 6 months to get it !! :D LOVE every second of it still to this day

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was going to buy one of these and have had very negative experiences with the dealerships here in Canada. I live in Edmonton so have dealt with all the SVT dealerships in AB as well as the one in Saskatoon.

I'm in the military and currently on my 2 week vacation back home from Afghanistan. I wanted to buy the truck for my wife to have in the winter because we both have small cars that suck in snow etc. Anyways a few of the dealerships seemed to be under the impression people are paying over MSRP for these trucks so they demand at a minimum MSRP and don't even think of offering a trade-in because they will give you 1/3 of what the vehicle is selling for. The best I got was Metro in Calgary to take 1k off MSRP and the Saskatoon dealership to take $500 off. The rest insisted on MSRP which is ridiculous.

I got the CarCost data and made some extremely fair offers to some of the dealerships (well over invoice but less than MSRP) and they basically told me to **** off and they would only sell it for MSRP which is a great deal.

I hate greedy dealerships and just wished that at least one of them would have wanted to make a nice quick deal where everyone wins. Oh yeah so in Edmonton at Freedom Ford it said in their online inventory that they had 1 in stock so after my wife got home from work we drove by the dealership to have a look at one since we have only seen pictures and videos online. After we couldn't see it on the lot my wife went inside to ask if we could view it. A pushy rude salesman approached and kept asking "Are you looking to buy or just look at it" she explained before we spend 50+k on a vehicle we need to see it in person. At this point he repeated his line about 5 times in a very rude way implying we can't afford the vehicle etc. She obviously left the dealership afterwards, on a sidenote he is selling ****ing Fords and not Bentleys or Rolls...he has no reason to have the attitude especially when my wife and myself make more than enough money to afford a 50k truck (wouldn't even notice it on our monthly payments and could buy outright with cash if I wanted to)

Anyways this whole experience with trying to buy this truck in Canada has been a nightmare and a huge headache, especially when I see how low they are selling for in the USA and with the power of our dollar I think I will start looking into importing the truck. Just not sure if I will be able to get it with timelines because I fly back to Afghanistan on Thursday and would have really liked for my wife to have the truck.

If any of you have any dealership contact info for dealers in the states willing to deal and sell to Canadians please send me the info. Pref in Montana or Washington states

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have no idea about buying auto's in CA but I will say in the States some of the dealers are giving a little wiggle room, but not much..... most know that they will be able to get really close to sticker so they aren't playing the numbers game like they would with anything else on their lots. But thats par the course usually with SVT vehicles.

In comparison to your Ridgeline, I've never owned one but my uncle does and over this Thanksgiving holiday I let him test drive my 5.4 Raptor. He wants one pretty bad now.

The other poster made a good statement too... with the US dollar in the tank lately, id buy US and transfer too.....ha ha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
we just placed our order from a dealership in southern Ontario and many of the other SVT dealers we visited wouldn't budge from msrp. Fortunately we hunted one down that was fair. Wehave never dealt with this dealership before so I hope delivery goes without a hitch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was going to buy one of these and have had very negative experiences with the dealerships here in Canada. I live in Edmonton so have dealt with all the SVT dealerships in AB as well as the one in Saskatoon.

I'm in the military and currently on my 2 week vacation back home from Afghanistan. I wanted to buy the truck for my wife to have in the winter because we both have small cars that suck in snow etc. Anyways a few of the dealerships seemed to be under the impression people are paying over MSRP for these trucks so they demand at a minimum MSRP and don't even think of offering a trade-in because they will give you 1/3 of what the vehicle is selling for. The best I got was Metro in Calgary to take 1k off MSRP and the Saskatoon dealership to take $500 off. The rest insisted on MSRP which is ridiculous.

I got the CarCost data and made some extremely fair offers to some of the dealerships (well over invoice but less than MSRP) and they basically told me to **** off and they would only sell it for MSRP which is a great deal.

I hate greedy dealerships and just wished that at least one of them would have wanted to make a nice quick deal where everyone wins. Oh yeah so in Edmonton at Freedom Ford it said in their online inventory that they had 1 in stock so after my wife got home from work we drove by the dealership to have a look at one since we have only seen pictures and videos online. After we couldn't see it on the lot my wife went inside to ask if we could view it. A pushy rude salesman approached and kept asking "Are you looking to buy or just look at it" she explained before we spend 50+k on a vehicle we need to see it in person. At this point he repeated his line about 5 times in a very rude way implying we can't afford the vehicle etc. She obviously left the dealership afterwards, on a sidenote he is selling ****ing Fords and not Bentleys or Rolls...he has no reason to have the attitude especially when my wife and myself make more than enough money to afford a 50k truck (wouldn't even notice it on our monthly payments and could buy outright with cash if I wanted to)

Anyways this whole experience with trying to buy this truck in Canada has been a nightmare and a huge headache, especially when I see how low they are selling for in the USA and with the power of our dollar I think I will start looking into importing the truck. Just not sure if I will be able to get it with timelines because I fly back to Afghanistan on Thursday and would have really liked for my wife to have the truck.

If any of you have any dealership contact info for dealers in the states willing to deal and sell to Canadians please send me the info. Pref in Montana or Washington states

When I looked for my GT500, I did several things. I hunted on the US Auto trader website using the area codes for the areas I was looking to buy from. You can search within 500 miles so it will give you a pretty good sample of dealerships. You can go in and do a specific search for the vehicle, and then once you find what you are looking for, start calling dealerships to negotiate your price. You can also use the Ford dealer connect website to search their inventory. Based on what I've seen on current 5.4 pricing, you should be able to get one at around $40,000 USD, which wiht exchange and taxes will run you around $45,000 CDN, which is a significant savings over buying it here. Double check the RIV website to make sure there are no restrictions (there weren't the last time I looked), and then follow the protocol to bring it accross the border. It took me a half hour to get my GT500 accross. I hope that helps.

Oh, and make sure that once you get it, take it over to Freedom Ford, search out teh goof ball salesman and take him outside to show him what being an ass will get him......NO SALE!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just do what I am going to do and buy one from the US. I have a dealer lined up in Montana that I will order one from as soon as the 6.2 order banks open up. Even if if you pay sticker, you will still save 10 grand vs. buying it here. The way the dollar has been going lately (except for the drop this week), we are going to be at par by the end of the year. I imported a GT500 in 2008, and it was extremely easy and there are no warranty issues with Ford Canada on a US vehicle either.

I talked to all the Raptor dealers in Montana last week and they all told me they wont sell a new one to Canadian or they will loose there dealership.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Tempted to pick one up... Currently driving a 2010 Camaro (Well currently garaging it due to the temperatures and summer tires) and when it snows..... well clearance will suck.

Would like to see one locally (Vancouver area) in person before I make my mind up whether I wanna trade.

Congrats on that blue from Brown bro's ! I might have beat ya to it, had I gone that route. I was there back in May asking about the raptors... but ended up not wanting to wait and placed my order for the Camaro instead.

May 12th... delivered september 5th.

Now I've got my eye on the 6.2 litre raptors...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Any BC'ers wanna chime in on a ballpark figure of what was paid out the door andy haggling or deals?

And how's insurance costs been thru ICBC?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts