F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon gentleman,

I was wondering if there happen to be any members out there that have their raptor set up for speed on the road rather than the trail. I just decided to downsize pulley wheels again and go to a 69mm wheel on my Roush supercharger. I was told by JDM tuning the 6.2 is still more than capable of handling this. I'm hoping this combined with new American racing headers will put me over the 550hp mark. Shout out to Big Bill for that recommendation. I am hoping there are some more seasoned speed guys out there who'd like to share their knowledge and experiences on making a raptor move. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Afternoon gentleman,

I was wondering if there happen to be any members out there that have their raptor set up for speed on the road rather than the trail. I just decided to downsize pulley wheels again and go to a 69mm wheel on my Roush supercharger. I was told by JDM tuning the 6.2 is still more than capable of handling this. I'm hoping this combined with new American racing headers will put me over the 550hp mark. Shout out to Big Bill for that recommendation. I am hoping there are some more seasoned speed guys out there who'd like to share their knowledge and experiences on making a raptor move. Thanks
I have a 2013 6.2L with Kooks headers, Magnaflow exhaust, an AFE airbox with a dyno and tune. I don’t have a supercharger, just all engine. They did 4 runs on the dyno, and they were able to get 472hp/ 511lb of torque at the crank, which equated to 353hp/ 383lb of torque at the rear wheels. The acceleration is great with the 4:10 gears. The headers really allow the 6.2L to breath and run wild. Mine will run to 130mph, as soon as it hits that number, the front end starts to lift. The front skid plate acts a wing and the front end starts floating, so be careful at those speeds. I would like a supercharger, but I get a lot of wheel spin just with what I’ve got. When I take off, I have to take off with 3/4 to 7/8 throttle just to keep the wheels from spinning. With the posó-traction and 315 tires, the wheels still spin. The truck accelerates quickly to 90mph, then slowly starts fading until around 120mph, then the last 10mph to 130 takes a couple minutes. The truck really loves this power to ratio combination on the sand though, great acceleration on sand. Best I could ever do was 78mph on Holly Beach, Louisiana. I hope this long-winded message have you a little bit of an answer to your question.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how you make out with the new mods.

I have had the truck back just over a week now with the new pulley, headers, and tune. It is a night and day difference. The headers open it up a lot and make it sound like a stock car. The pulley is the best upgrade I've obtained for the truck. Getting the 72mm pulley was just a waste. The 69mm pulls hard through each gear without skipping a beat. It still sits at 8 PSI, so I'm not sure why that hasn't gone up or changed. But overall, I couldn't be happier with the performance change from the headers and pulley. This raptor is wicked fast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts