F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trans blew out yesterday. She shifted hard in the morning then went out in the afternoon. Towed to dealer on great neck.
Had an appointment Wednesday for cam phasers. Really annoyed right now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry to hear that this is happening to you. The Gen 2 Raptors use two separate computers. One runs the engine the other computer runs the transmission. A common thread is the mustang gt and Chevy vehicles use the same co engineering for these transmissions. The big difference is the only one using separate computers is ford on the Raptor. The mustang 10 speed uses one computer for both engine and trans. Where I’m heading with this is mine has 75,569 on it. No issues. Ford doesn’t send these out properly tuned. This is why they jerk and some shift hard while some overheat. I had mine tuned. My engine too. Other than learning to keep the oil full at all times it’s been a worry free truck. These raptors need the engine tuned and transmission tuned in order to work properly.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is the computer/module that really must be in sync with the trucks engine computer. There has been more than 15 flash updates sent to the dealerships and Ford performance still has issues with it. Mine at 75,000 2018 Gen 2 runs great with the whipple/ Ford engineer team. They are a secondary group of computer engineers that only works with whipple, Rousch and Shelby.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info. Thank you.
My truck is at the dealer right now.
where can I get that module? Who tuned it ?
does the tune void the warranty ?
John

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi. You already have that component above. That’s the actual computer module for the trans. Let the dealership fix it. Then contact the guys at whipple superchargers in California. They will guide you. Ask for tech support.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anything to help a fellow Raptor owner. I had the cam phaser timing chain issue twice. Both under warranty. Let them fix it and once you get your truck back post here. I’ll give you my info and your truck will run great. My local ford dealership was so frustrated they said do what ever you need too pertaining to tuning the vehicle. I bought it New in 2017 and spent 3 years trying to figure it out. There’s a schematic photo engraved into my brain of the 3.5 ecoboost. These direct injection engines dual overhead cam variable valve timing engine plus twin turbo should never have been put into production vehicles in my opinion. It’s too race technology in which requires constant monitoring of oil and cleaning of the 4 main sensors from oil vapor. Have a great day. Text here when your truck is back home. 😁

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey John here. Sorry I didn’t catch your name. My truck should be done by the end of the week. Bad shift Solenoid in the trans. I had them do the latch in the tailgate and I don’t know what did about the cam phasers. Do they do the timing chain as well?

I see above you wrote cleaning of the 4 main sensors of oil vapor. How can I can I do that ? I just purchased this truck2 weeks before it crapped out it has 44k miles on it. 2018 802a. It’s my dream truck. I also purchased the Ford performance rear differential cover. Amsoil oil. A catch can. Sumo springs for towing the boat and a k&n throttle response module which I had on all my trucks. Love how it takes the lag out. Anyway. I wanted to contract whipple with what you recommended I do with the tune. What do I tell them I need ? How much will it cost ?
my email is [email protected] and my cell is 646-894-9858. If you want to contact me directly. I appreciate your help in this matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts