F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting for the 6.2 before placing my order. Based on what I've seen here and on other forums, it is likely the order banks won't open up until January, and then it will be 2-3 months before I could expect to take delivery on my new Raptor. That would mean delivery in March or April. I'm starting to consider waiting another 3-4 months, so I could get a 2011 Raptor.

Anyone else thinking about getting an early 2011 instead of a (very) late 2010?

·
Registered
114 Posts
You might just have the right idea plus there could be other changes and upgardes coming or could they name the 6.2 a 2011 ????? Lot's to speculate about and so little info from Ford........One thing I bet is that if this 6.2 comes rated at much over 400 horse there will be plenty of 5.4 motored Raptor's at good discounts on dealers lots.....You figure say a $3000 premium on a 6.2 and maybe, just maybe, a $4000 discount on a 5.4 and a lotta stuff could be done to the tried and true 5.4..Mmmmmmm.... think I will wait til Jan and see what my dealer can do on ordering one for me......

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Theoretically, I would imagine that it is always best to wait until the second production year which should allow the manufacturer to tweak it's product. For me, I'm happy with the Raptor I currently own.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You might just have the right idea plus there could be other changes and upgardes coming or could they name the 6.2 a 2011 ????? Lot's to speculate about and so little info from Ford........One thing I bet is that if this 6.2 comes rated at much over 400 horse there will be plenty of 5.4 motored Raptor's at good discounts on dealers lots.....You figure say a $3000 premium on a 6.2 and maybe, just maybe, a $4000 discount on a 5.4 and a lotta stuff could be done to the tried and true 5.4..Mmmmmmm.... think I will wait til Jan and see what my dealer can do on ordering one for me......
As far as SVT vehicles from Ford are concerned, I don't think I ever recall "overstock" or "discounts". If that situation comes about I'm pretty sure that they would quit producing the Raptor before you would see "factory incentives". FORD isn't going to produce "specialty" vehicles that don't make them money or just sit on the lots.

Just trying to find a F150 optioned out the way you want it is already a challenge.

BTW - My 5.4L Raptor drinks gas real well and seems to have sufficient power. Can't understand why someone would want a 6.2L other than just for the reason of saying they have one. If you are looking to do a lot of heavy trailering, why not just get a F250 with a diesel? Off road you could probably kick up more dirt with a 6.2L, but whats the point of getting a limited edition SVT vehicle if you intend to rag it out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts