F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just went on a road trip from Austin, TX to Taos, NM for some snowboarding.. What a blast, I must say!

Now, I see a LOT of Raptors in Austin. Maybe one a day if I drive a lot. My friend even ragged on me when I got my Raptor saying he sees them all the time (as if I care that my truck is POPULAR hello?!?!?)

Anyways, I didn't see a single Raptor in West Texas the whole 8ish hours driving out that way.

Then we saw THREE in Roswell. Red, Blue, and White. All right in Roswell proper on the main drag there, all within 10 minutes of each other, like you guys just had a meet or breakfast or something. I was driving the snow-covered Black one heading North if you saw me (this was on the morning of 1/4). (It had just dumped snow that night and into the morning; but got to use 4x4 for a few miles; it was fun!)

Then I saw NO MORE Raptors the entire trip up... Until I saw ONE RED Raptor parked up at Taos Ski Valley - this was on the afternoon of 1/6 as we were leaving to head back to Austin...

Not a single other Raptor on the entire trip back. Couldn't believe it but quite pleased we have such rare trucks. I guess folks in Roswell and also Austin can appreciate these fine trucks, as they are a bit more popular. Y'all are a bunch of Alien Hunters out there in Roswell, eh? (We have a lot of Zombie Hunters here in ATX).. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
There are six in Clovis that I know of. 2 Black, 2 Blue, 2 White. Might be more, they are popular on the military base. Plus there is a used white one sitting on the car lot for sale.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm in Flagstaff today.......we started driving Thursday 1/10 stayed the nite a Van Horn. No Raptors. About 15 miles out of Ft. Stockton, we saw 1 Black Raptor, continued thru El Paso, Las Cruces, Deming, Lordsburg and on into Gilbert (Tucson). Did not see anymore Raptors until we arrived at SDHQ in Gilbert. We are now in Flagstaff and so far, no more Raptors.........wow!!

XIT

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 velociraptor in Portales

Hello, I'm Bill I live in Portales New Mexico.
I've owned my Velociraptor since 2011. Purchased it in 2011 and had it shipped from the factory to Hennessey in Sealy TX. for the upgraded 600 H.P. performance package. I have also replaced the MagnaFlow exhaust system and put a true dual muffler Canadian system on. It boosted the H.P. To about 625 H.P.
Does anyone know if the altitude in this area have a negative affect on the supercharger or the 6.2L engine? I have 23,155 Miles on this engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts