F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for anyone who's taken delivery of their Raptor, or knows for sure: The four Aux switches that are pre-wired in the center console - where do they lead? In other words, say I want to wire a lightbar to the top, or a winch to the front. Where would I make the connections to the aux switches?

thanks for any input!

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
The leads that you tap into are on the passenger side in the engine compartment.
The wires are located right next to the PCM. You will see 4 wires w/ heat shrink on their ends.
The four relays are located in the Battery Junction Box, each with a 30A fuse.(see post below about fuses)

I can fax you the actual wiring schematic if you need it.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The leads that you tap into are on the passenger side in the engine compartment.
The wires are located right next to the PCM. You will see 4 wires w/ heat shrink on their ends.
The four relays are located in the Battery Junction Box, each with a 30A fuse.

Nope! I appreciate it - that's what I was wondering. Also wondering about the amp rating, but you covered that too.

Thanks man.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
You're welcome.

The switches/wire combinations are:

Switch 1-- Yellow wire
Switch 2-- Green/Brown stripe
Switch 3-- Violet/Green stripe
Switch 4-- Brown

I need to make a correction about the fuses.
They are as follows:

Switch 1-- 30A
Switch 2-- 30A
Switch 3-- 15A
Switch 4-- 10A

·
Registered
157 Posts
The four relays are located in the Battery Junction Box, each with a 30A fuse.(see post below about fuses)

can you take a picture for me? I can not find the wires in the engine bay. I found 4 wires that are heat shrinked, but they are not the same color as what you said. any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On another forum, it was stated that the leads are actually up under the dash on the passenger side, behind the kick panel. Here's what you're looking for (thanks to RaptorGuy21):

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wire colors may vary, but the leads seem to be under the hood on the passenger-side taped to a hose/conduit near the hood-support.

I took some photos of the wires and fuse box - maybe someone can verify that these are indeed the aux-wires and point out what fuses are for the Aux wires/switches ....

·
Registered
138 Posts
If someone has a schematic from the service manual it would be nice to see.
On the Superduty the aux switch wires were under the dash, and the wires under the hood (just like the Raptor) were pass-through wires.
I would guess it is the same? Especially since there are more than 4 wires behind the glove box.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what I'm hearing, but without a Raptor of my own yet, I can't confirm. All it takes is a test light and a Raptor, and I only have the test light!

Upfitter 1 relay is #7
Upfitter 1 is #18

Upfitter 2 relay is #8
Upfitter 2 is #19

Upfitter 3 relay is #62
Upfitter 3 is #44

Upfitter 4 relay is #24
Upfitter 4 is #28

Hot wire for Upfitter #1 is yellow

Hot wire for Upfitter #2 is green with a brown stripe

Hot wire for Upfitter #3 is purple with a green line

Hot wire for Upfitter #4 is Brown

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting stuff, though - we've got at least four wires in the engine bay, plus the four (each with a ground) behind the passenger kick panel.

Anyone in Phoenix want to let me take a tester to them and see what's what?

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
EDIT: The part in red is incorrect. Keep reading.

Apparently the four in the engine compartment are unrelated to the upfitter switches. 996Turbo over at the other place tried them out this weekend, and neither of the two he tried were related to the four upfitter switches. So I am curious as to what they're for.

He did try the four under the dash on the passenger side, and they ARE connected to the switches, so that part is solved.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Apparently the four in the engine compartment are unrelated to the upfitter switches. 996Turbo over at the other place tried them out this weekend, and neither of the two he tried were related to the four upfitter switches. So I am curious as to what they're for.

He did try the four under the dash on the passenger side, and they ARE connected to the switches, so that part is solved.

Pretty sure they are pass-trough wires. So you don't have to run your own wires from the inside to under the hood... like the Superdutys

Look behind the glove box in that bundle, there are the same color wires.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^ Yep - I forgot to come back and update this. You can join wires behind the dash panel, and pass them through the firewall, like you said.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i am liking ford more and more everyday, not only do they give you the 4 switches standard but they even give you a way to feed power out of the cab without cutting through the firewall or trying to cut a grommet to fit your wires through into the cab.

·
Registered
22 Posts
all this is true, wish i would of found this info 5 hours ago. i had to call ford and it took him about 45min to find out himself, but he did find and was very helpful. i hard wired my radar detector and now all the wires are concealed, it runs on switch #3 and looks factory. i love this truck.

·
Registered
187 Posts
OK Call me Dumb

OK I found the though the firewall wires but I can't locate the wires that come from the upfitter switches. I know the color of the wires but what is the color and location of the connector where the wires tye into the fuse box??

·
Registered
138 Posts
OK I found the though the firewall wires but I can't locate the wires that come from the upfitter switches. I know the color of the wires but what is the color and location of the connector where the wires tye into the fuse box??
Look behind the glove box. Or take the side access panel off on the passenger side. The wires from under the hood and the upfitter wires are all in the same bundle.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Look behind the glove box. Or take the side access panel off on the passenger side. The wires from under the hood and the upfitter wires are all in the same bundle.

Ah OK Thanks The lighten was bad and a LED flashlight sucked for telling the colors of the wires.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Junior - If you are doing any other electrical mods, I have a tester (and a personal shop) you are welcome to use....

---
Hi, My name is Dave and I have a Raptor

1 - 20 of 38 Posts