F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 and my back up camera works about 50% of the time, the other time its a black screen that says talk to your dealership. Has anyone experienced this? Is my back up camera broken, could it it be a loose connection somewhere? thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I went to dealership and they just said I need a new camera but i have had bad experiences w the dealership replacing thing unnecessarily; its on maybe 70 percent of time so haven't changed it out yet. I think it has to be some connection issue bc if it's off I play with the wires under the tailgate and it sometimes comes back on

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks I went to dealership and they just said I need a new camera but i have had bad experiences w the dealership replacing thing unnecessarily; its on maybe 70 percent of time so haven't changed it out yet. I think it has to be some connection issue bc if it's off I play with the wires under the tailgate and it sometimes comes back on
Did you fix it, and how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 2010, for the second time. The first time it was still covered under the extended warranty so I took it in. They said my camera needed to be replaced which it did work for a short period of time but now it's back to only working some of the time. Now I don't even bother checking the camera and just back up the old way. It's missed the most whenever I'm backing up to a trailer by myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts