F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else currently owning a Raptor have a bad rear shock or am I the only poor schmuck on this board with a one crappy Fox shock?

Luckily a technician noticed it before I even took delivery (I was never told, but found out while doing 25 on the beach) and ordered one. Today I was told that the shock was on backorder and should be in around October 23.

Backorder,for real. How many parts does a car manufacturer normally stock to fulfill warranty issues on first year vehicles, or is the problem greater than a random 1 in 500?

As I type about it the topic irritates me. Spending 47k on my first Ford doesn't sit too well when right off the bat I have a bad shock on a street legal Baja truck and more importantly SVT's nicest truck to date (my opinion only).

So anyone else?

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have had fox shocks on my toys, i am not really impressed with them period, i have blown the shocks apart, i think you will be happy to extend that warranty, imagine having to put shocks on that on your dime , good luck

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buying them on my dime is not something I look forward to. Extended warranty it shall be.
It would be interesting to find out how much the shocks actually cost though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Buying them on my dime is not something I look forward to. Extended warranty it shall be.
It would be interesting to find out how much the shocks actually cost though.

I was looking at the extended warranty... they don't list shocks as an item covered.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've seen that $8k figure as well. I just figured that was list pricing, so the real price of the shocks would be around 4k, but no idea how close that is.

·
Registered
92 Posts
but 8k worth of shocks on the raptor means each one is worth 2k. Still very expensive to me, but not hopeless. Just hope that they all don't go bad on you

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
lets get real!!one bad part from a vender doen't make Ford or Fox a bad product!!!
See there you go. I never said Ford was a bad product and I certainly know that Foxis not a bad product.

Your right...one, lonely bad part will have taken a month to be replaced on a brand new vehicle of this caliber. You wouldn't be happy either.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm thinking they're "backordered" because they're still building the trucks and using what they have for those. Once they have a certain number built, then they will be able to release them out to be replacements.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not trying to buy the shock at least not until the warranty expires. I went to the site though and I still did not see any parts specific to the Raptor.

The intended focus of the thread was to be whether or not those who have their Raptors already have experienced any similar instances of this nature. And also the question of it being on backorder.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just curiuos why did you take delivery of it, if a tech noticed it was bad. what gave it away: shock collasped, truck leaning, wheel shake.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The left rear shock sounds like it is sticking upon compression (can be felt and heard). It still works but does not operate smoothly as the right rear.

I had no idea the shock was bad. The stance is normal and the truck drives fine aside from some noise. Like I said I only found out by driving 25 in the deeper sands of my local beach. Basically, it was not obvious the shock was bad from a consumer stand point.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the good news is that the replacement shock is being installed tomorrow. Was told it would take about an hour or so.

Thanks for the info on the cost also,

1 - 20 of 50 Posts