F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have a factory warranty on my gen2, only has 7,200 miles on it currently. Mainly used for off roading and not daily commute. Any opinions on the best tune once my factory warranty is up? Price is not an issue, I'm looking for the most hp I can get out of it with a tune. Has a Roush Performance cold air intake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another Raptor forum really liked Goosetunes with a COBB tuner. I have zero mods and got a 93 octane "custom" tune. You email back and forth with the guy a few times and get a final tune. I have no dyno numbers but the seat of the pants experience is worth it. The COBB tuner also allows for other adjustments (turn off auto start/stop, remove the 107 mph limiter, adjust pedal fly-by-wire feel, etc.). I tuned it and keep the tuner in the glovebox, but you can keep it plugged in and monitor gauges and record all sorts of stuff if that excites you. I did not wait on the warranty. I added the tune at about 15k and currently 21k. My only complaint, I went through a set of tires in no time......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another Raptor forum really liked Goosetunes with a COBB tuner. I have zero mods and got a 93 octane "custom" tune. You email back and forth with the guy a few times and get a final tune. I have no dyno numbers but the seat of the pants experience is worth it. The COBB tuner also allows for other adjustments (turn off auto start/stop, remove the 107 mph limiter, adjust pedal fly-by-wire feel, etc.). I tuned it and keep the tuner in the glovebox, but you can keep it plugged in and monitor gauges and record all sorts of stuff if that excites you. I did not wait on the warranty. I added the tune at about 15k and currently 21k. My only complaint, I went through a set of tires in no time......
That’s exactly what I’m looking for, I wanted to get rid of the limiter and add hp. I’ve heard a lot of good things about COBB tuners so I greatly appreciate the input! I want to get it tuned sooner rather than later since it’s pretty new so I’m definitely going to debate waiting till the warranty is up or not. Are you based in Colorado? If so where would you recommend I get in contact with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not in CO. I went to the website linked in the above post. You load a tune, log a few runs, email it back to them, they make changes, email you another tune. Do that a few times and get a "custom" non-dyno tune. Obviously, the dyno is the way to go for most performance but I didn't have that luxury at the time. good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a COBB ACCESSPORT for the tuner. I also have the TCM tune.......this is a must have. HUGE improvement over stock trans tune. I have used the COBB OTS maps and they are pretty good. I have the Highlander, Macgyver, and a custom 93 tune from Brew City Boost. Better than the COBB OTS. I also have a GOOSETUNED E50 tune and it is absolutely fantastic! Great power but not an unsafe boost level. Before going with the GOOSE E50 tune or any stage 2 tune.....you need to upgrade the stock intercooler.....it is crap. After working with 2 different custom tuners.....I HIGHLY recommend Goosetuned.......Winfield was extremely quick with returning updated maps to me after I submitted my data logs....like 24-36 hours quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts