F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys have a early 10 Raptor with the 5.4, had recently hit about 213,000 miles and the engine was showing its age, smoking on start up and noise from a broken timing chain guide. I’m a senior master ford tech, so I replaced the short block with a ford reman, and had my heads redone at a local machine shop. Upon reassembly I installed the VCT lockouts. I have about 550 miles on it since and was looking at what tunes are available to get rid of the VCT in the pcm to do away with the CEL. Who would you guys suggest and what tuner? I was leaning towards SCT, but would like to know some real world reviews. Only other mod is the K&N FIPK that a previous owner had installed, and I’m thinking about a new stainless single in dual out muffler for a little better sound. Any help appreciated guys! TIA!

DMSDAK

·
Administrator
1,585 Posts
Welcome to the forum. No first hand experience - no lockouts. However, have heard good reviews on SCT tunes in general. With the reman block and rebuild, would think you wouldn't need lockouts - maybe preventative for down the road. Curious, how does the truck run without a tune and VCT lockouts now ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts