F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Some one will come in and have enough $$$$$$ to spend and want this Raptor!

AFRAPTOR
:iagree:, There will always be someone who wants one now and does not care what the price is. Just like here in Alaska, the new camaros have a 5-10k mark-up and the dealers can't get enough of them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
From what I have seen and heard so far, all the Raptors here in San Diego are selling for msrp. All the dealers told me they were not going to mark up any of them. There is actually 1 here now that is sitting on the lot unsold with all the options , less moonroof in orange at 45,150.00.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I looked at the truck in person at mak Haik the one on ebay and the salesman told me in person 5K over sticker.
I do believe someone will come along and buy it like they did with the GT500 in the beginning but now they are lucky to sell the GT500 for MSRP so another dealership tells ( AC Collins ford) told me, they said they would sell it for 2,000 over MSRP maybe but they would start at 5K over Wow what a deal. That same salesman told me their Raptor has the larger 400 HP motor already. I asked about sending me the Sticker so I could verify it had the 6.2 but I am still waiting on that.
I did get to have a salesman tell me (Planet ford) if I order one like the 6.2 litre they would sell it for Sticker and not over. We will see.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That same salesman told me their Raptor has the larger 400 HP motor already. I asked about sending me the Sticker so I could verify it had the 6.2 but I am still waiting on that.
I did get to have a salesman tell me (Planet ford) if I order one like the 6.2 litre they would sell it for Sticker and not over. We will see.

What was the Dealer name/Location that said they have the 6.2?

AFRAPTOR

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Local Dealer_

Ramey Ford in Beckley WV has an orange raptor with I believe all options. It lists for 46+ and they have it on their lot with a "market adjustment" at 57+ what a joke.

I did discuss order one with a salesman who has sold me trucks in the past. He says that we can start placing orders for the 6.2 in October. Is this correct?

·
Registered
21 Posts
A/C Collins in pasadena, when pressing for the window sticker to see if it was 6.2 from 7:30 PM last night to 9:00 AM this morning amazingly it was sold,
I requested info to see if it really was a 6.2 and she could not provide me with the window sticker, another dealer looked online and it was infact a 5.4 as I suspected, but they promised up nd down and guaranteed it was the 400 HP because they ordered it that way.
As usually a car salesman not telling the truth

What was the Dealer name/Location that said they have the 6.2?

AFRAPTOR

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Orange Raptor

Checked out the Invoice on the Orange Raptor at Ramey Ford.. It is loaded, Did not have the Mud Decals! No 6.2 Just the 5.4. I think the sales person must of read to much info about the Raptor and got the horsepower rating mixed up between the 5.4 and 6.2. It is a Nice Truck! As far as Ordering the 6.2, I have read in these forums possibly Oct-Nov time frame! Just have to talk to your dealer and have them call ya when you can place your 6.2 Order. Me, I will wait till next year 2011 to see if they Have the Raptor with the Coyote 302 ,400 HP motor!

AFRAPTOR

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A/C Collins in pasadena, when pressing for the window sticker to see if it was 6.2 from 7:30 PM last night to 9:00 AM this morning amazingly it was sold,
I requested info to see if it really was a 6.2 and she could not provide me with the window sticker, another dealer looked online and it was infact a 5.4 as I suspected, but they promised up nd down and guaranteed it was the 400 HP because they ordered it that way.
As usually a car salesman not telling the truth
Your Right calhoun687, Some Sales Persons are BS n U,

·
Registered
13 Posts
I left out the most humorous thing about my conversation with the sales guy at Ramey Ford. He said "I am pretty sure that has the twin turbo in it". I said twin turbo in what? He said yeah it has tons of power. I said are you referring to the twin turbo that the super duty diesel has, he said “yes they have the same motor".

I immediately left....

It is criminal how uneducated salesmen are these days. I understand it would be very difficult to know every detail about every vehicle especially if you aren't an enthusiast, but WOW...

Some of this lack of information could be blamed on Ford being slow to give out much information on this truck, but it is horrible to go to a dealer ready to spend a good amount of money and be met with such ignorance. Unfortunately this is just how it is these days. I am a truck fanatic and spend way too much money on them and customizing them. I have traded trucks every year since 2004. (Ignorance on my part for sure) At any rate during this entire time I have only met one competent sales person.

I have never owned a ford and honestly have never been interested in one. This is the exception. This is the truck I have been (TRYING) (some better than others) building on my own with aftermarket products. I am truly excited about it and will hopefully join the Ford family sometime soon. White 6.2 is what I will be buying.

2004 2500 (hemi) 2 in sky jacker w 35’s Pro Comp mud terrains
2005 2500 (Cummins) 8 in lift (combo sky jacker parts and different front springs) 38 toyos-
2006 1500 (hemi) no lift
2007 2500 cummins 3 in Kore Performance Chase series 35 toyos
2008 Tundra Icon Stage 1 suspension 305-55-20 bfg’s (great truck hated the looks of the front end)
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 (new body style) Leveling kit (was waiting on Kore system) but not going to do it now that I am getting raptor – 285-65-20
bfg ko (34.5 in tire) I love this truck, but I hate the way the abs/stability control nannies limit you, plus I just feel I
want more power all the time. That is why I am waiting on the 6.2 Raptor

Through all of these trucks I have learned one thing. The larger the lift, the worse the truck is for everything. It looks great if you can get away with it but the secret for performance is stuffing as large a tire under the truck (ground clearance and track width) as you can with as minimal lift as possible. Ford obviously understood this and that is why the Raptor is really not any higher than a normal F150. You get the height from the tires and the clearance for the tires comes from the larger fender openings. Plus obviously the track with has been increased further limiting body roll and adding stability. I wish the truck was level but other than that the truck is near perfect. I am going to do my best to leave this truck alone although I feel like I would like to add a front air locker and a winch. We will see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One more thing. My salesman called me back (this is the guy i have like) said that the window for ordering the 6.2 will be mid october for sure.

He also said that he has a black loaded 5.4 that should be there in a week or so. He also said forget about the bump sticker. If i wanted the truck msrp was what they would do. He said that bump sticker is there for people who walk in that have no idea what they are doing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the Ford Family RENEGADE

Welcome to the Ford Family RENEGADE!

Myself I have owned these Fords

1982 Mustang GT (In Tool Shed)
1970 Mustang Sportsroof (Long Gone)
1970 Mustang Mach 1 (Under Restoration)
1985 Mustang GT Convertable (In Storage)
1987 Ranger STX Supercab 4X4 (In Barnyard)
1995 Ford Thungerbird LX V-8 (In BarnYard)
2011 F-150 Raptor with Coyote 302 (Future Vehicle)

AFRAPTOR

·
Registered
60 Posts
I left out the most humorous thing about my conversation with the sales guy at Ramey Ford. He said "I am pretty sure that has the twin turbo in it". I said twin turbo in what? He said yeah it has tons of power. I said are you referring to the twin turbo that the super duty diesel has, he said “yes they have the same motor".

I immediately left....

It is criminal how uneducated salesmen are these days. I understand it would be very difficult to know every detail about every vehicle especially if you aren't an enthusiast, but WOW...

Some of this lack of information could be blamed on Ford being slow to give out much information on this truck, but it is horrible to go to a dealer ready to spend a good amount of money and be met with such ignorance. Unfortunately this is just how it is these days. I am a truck fanatic and spend way too much money on them and customizing them. I have traded trucks every year since 2004. (Ignorance on my part for sure) At any rate during this entire time I have only met one competent sales person.

I have never owned a ford and honestly have never been interested in one. This is the exception. This is the truck I have been (TRYING) (some better than others) building on my own with aftermarket products. I am truly excited about it and will hopefully join the Ford family sometime soon. White 6.2 is what I will be buying.

2004 2500 (hemi) 2 in sky jacker w 35’s Pro Comp mud terrains
2005 2500 (Cummins) 8 in lift (combo sky jacker parts and different front springs) 38 toyos-
2006 1500 (hemi) no lift
2007 2500 cummins 3 in Kore Performance Chase series 35 toyos
2008 Tundra Icon Stage 1 suspension 305-55-20 bfg’s (great truck hated the looks of the front end)
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 (new body style) Leveling kit (was waiting on Kore system) but not going to do it now that I am getting raptor – 285-65-20
bfg ko (34.5 in tire) I love this truck, but I hate the way the abs/stability control nannies limit you, plus I just feel I
want more power all the time. That is why I am waiting on the 6.2 Raptor

Through all of these trucks I have learned one thing. The larger the lift, the worse the truck is for everything. It looks great if you can get away with it but the secret for performance is stuffing as large a tire under the truck (ground clearance and track width) as you can with as minimal lift as possible. Ford obviously understood this and that is why the Raptor is really not any higher than a normal F150. You get the height from the tires and the clearance for the tires comes from the larger fender openings. Plus obviously the track with has been increased further limiting body roll and adding stability. I wish the truck was level but other than that the truck is near perfect. I am going to do my best to leave this truck alone although I feel like I would like to add a front air locker and a winch. We will see.
Yeah, it's sad. I'm a Jeep guy and I bought a Rubicon when they first came out. I felt embarrassed for the salesman who sold it to me because he was trying hard to sound convincing, but I already knew exactly what the Jeep had on it and what it could do. I finally told him that he'd sell many more of them if he'd just keep his mouth shut, that most people coming in for an enthusiast vehicle have already done their homework.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ok I can top all these stories. Galpin Ford in LA of the 405 has a orange one / loaded for sale. Sales guy told me it’s the "3rd one built and has the vin to prove it". Get ready for it...says he needs 75K but may go for a bit less. Guys name was Levi. If you know him tell him either he or his boss/owner is an ass. When I told him I was just waiting on my order to come in---from a state without CA emissions--he walked away. Funny thing is, I had a guy with me who wanted one right up to the 75K comment. Now I would never buy here in CA due to the ass---es who rape us here on taxes but whoever would buy this is just dumb.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was asked by the sales staff if it was supercharged when I first ordered it. Also when I went to pick mine up they mentioned the baja 1000 and that they raced one "bone stock":hah: I didn't even bother correcting them, I was in love with seeing it for the first time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've already got my Raptor with 400 hp and a factory installed turbocharger. I pulled into a Ford dealer in Byron, Ga. and the sales lady told me this stuff. I bought the truck in Tenn. by the way. This women knew more about my truck than I did. She said SVT meant it had a turbocharger. Don't worry, I know the truth and what a turbo looks like. She was totally confused when I raised the hood and told her to point out that turbo she said I had. I hate a know it all salesperson who doesn't know crap!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts