F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have the coolest username here, but I think I'm going to go with an lr4 or 4runner instead. Can't imagine I'll ever use that thing for what it was meant for. It does look pretty sweet though...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome. I doubt that I would ever use it for jumping and doing a 100mph offroad either, but who cares. It is way cool, and also made for slow offroading too, with hill descent for steep, slow declines, tall tires and skidplates for rockcrawling, etc, etc. It would do all this with one of the smoothest rides around with its suspension travel, soft springs, and squishy tires. It'll be hard for anyone to beat this ultimate offroad package.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
raptor or 4runner...

In context of general badassery, the raptor beats the 4runner hands down. I want it more than I want the toyota. But I can see myself wishing to have something more civilized in a year or so. Plus work is sending me to San Francisco and I don't want the stinkeye from all of the prius weenies...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, mileage isn't bad for a truck. I'm more concerned with the size of this beast. I don't plan on driving much in such a big city, but when I need to its going to be a spectacular pain in the ass.

:kap:

·
Registered
290 Posts
It was a joke, hence the j/k (just kidding). But seriously to some people that just means its more bad ass. I laugh at the guys at work driving their 40 mpg cars but choose to drive 120 miles each day for work. I live in town and drive a about 4 miles total. That means they burn 3 gallons a day compared to my 1/4 gallon, so who is doing more harm to the environment? It's not just about mpg, but about choices and how much you drive.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It was a joke, hence the j/k (just kidding). But seriously to some people that just means its more bad ass. I laugh at the guys at work driving their 40 mpg cars but choose to drive 120 miles each day for work. I live in town and drive a about 4 miles total. That means they burn 3 gallons a day compared to my 1/4 gallon, so who is doing more harm to the environment? It's not just about mpg, but about choices and how much you drive.
Amen. I drive about 6000 miles a year in my GT mustang. Now look at those economy car drivers who drive 20000 miles a year with 3 annual oil changes. Who is doing more damage to the environment?...honestly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those prius-driving, squirrel-sheltering, granola-eating bastards! But still, I almost bought the raptor the other day until I envisioned my life in a big city with such a monstrosity. As much as I think I'll go off-roading, I'm sure I'm not going to. And I'm not helping anyone move, so I think it would be a stupid thing to do. I want the damn thing, but that's not always enough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
man, dealer wants to sell me that thing. getting harder and harder to resist... every time I say no, he seems willing to work on it. who out there is honestly not buying this thing for image? I sure as hell would be. dont know how much use I will get out of a raptor in the bay area.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts