F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rousch 2.jpg
I'm posting here to find out if anyone has been debating buying the 2016-17 Rousch F-150 SC vs waiting for dealerships to get the next round of Raptors. I have a 2013 S'Crew with approx 75K miles. I have been offered a generous amount to trade it in where I bought it...now, but if I wait until June-August for the 18's less will be offered. Here's the problem, the dealer initially wanted several thousand over sticker, which seems to be the issue all over the place. I just wasn't in the mood to pay over sticker. My original build sheet put my '17 Raptor at 58K. But as most of you know units were limited and it comes down to supply and demand. I was however offered a great deal on a Lariat Rousch F-150 SC. So have any of you thought going this route or are you steadfast for the Raptor? I'm leaning heavily towards the Rousch SC. Thoughts?

2017 ROUSH F-150 SC

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Sounds like you want a raptor with a v8, and maybe one with gobs of power to spare, why not supercharge a 6.2? There's no guarantee there will be a 5.0 in 2018, I'm hoping so too!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love a supercharged 6.2. But, I'm not going to spend that much to add to a truck that is at 75K and the out going model. My '13 is all highway miles so whom ever gets it will be getting a truck with zero issues, not that I'm trying to sell it here. But it's time for a new truck for me and that's why I'm looking at the new Rousch

Attachments

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Well if you are dead set on a new truck you can't go wrong with a Rousch, from there you could always upgrade to a new Raptor in 2 or 3 years, at least then you would know if it came with a v8 or not. Good luck!!

·
2,635 Posts
It would depend on what the really good deal on the Rousch was and if it's a 16 or 17 also what the generous amount offered for the trade ? The new Raptor is Awesome but without the V-8 and the sound that goes with it is a downer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts